Crimson

Renee could feel Damien's presence and her wolf was elated. Even though she had told Damien to not search for her, but deep down she knew he would never give up. What she felt for him was indiscernible and one of a kind. She was determined to end this and return home. She could still feel her mother near her, which further bolstered her decision.However, she could not figure out the way Drake was pulling her towards. She had to concentrate,but there was hustle bustle everywhere and everyone was running around trying to ready themselves for the incoming intruders. She could not see much as well as a circle of wolves was surrounding her and Drake as they hurried downstairs.
And as they walked closer to the basement, there was this incessant hum, which had been soft initially, but now was irritating her wolf. She was elated but also annoyed at the noise. Renee tried to ponder on what her mother mumbled before their link broke.
They stopped in the library,in front of the massive wall filled with ancient relics and literature.
She had been here almost everyday trying to assimilate as much knowledge as she could about Drakes kind and werewolves. So she was surprised when Drake pulled out a very thick, leather bound book with a beautiful engraved angel on it's cover. She had never seen this book before, pondering how she could have missed something so beautiful. A narrow secret passage emerged and Drake pulled her through. She had another problem now, which was to get out of the basement and to meet Damien and to get him back in to the stone kept there.
"Can you stop pulling my arm? You can clearly see I am not trying to run away," Renee mumbled.
"Don't act smart with me, princess. Your mutt has already gotten on each and every nerve. Don't test my patience," Drake said as he pinned Renee to the wall. He grabbed her by the arm again, as they went down a spiral staircase.
As soon as they entered the basement, she could feel the power surge within her. But her headache worsened and the humming noise became so unbearable that she shut her eyes and closed her ears.
"This is the power of the Crimson stone. It can sense your presence here," Drake said smugly. Grabbing the back of her head,"Your power combined with mine will be unstoppable and undeterred," Drake said smugly.
He buried his nose in the crook of her neck and Renee could not help but shudder. For some reason her body always betrayed her at Drake's proximity. Her wolf was no help either, as most of the time Ella would hide.
"You hate the fact that you like me near you, don't you darling ? This is it now, forget him , that mutt. " Drake said.
" That would happen over my dead body." Renee asserted.
"Get on with the ceremony son. I can smell those mutts. Always at the wrong place at the wrong time. Wouldn't you agree Robert?" ,Drake's father said turning back to look at someone.
Renee could see just past Drake's shoulder and she could not believe who she was seeing.
"You are right Nathaniel. Get on with the ceremony Drake. Make my baby girl the queen she deserves to be."
Renee couldn't breathe, and the buzzing in her head intensified. There in front of her stood the man who was dead long ago. The man who loved her mother and gave up his life for her. The man her mother called her soulmate. Renee's father.