Chapter 4

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself, Love possesses not nor would it be possessed: For love is sufficient unto love." ―Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet

Renee was awakaned by the ominous chime of the alarm. She had a strong aversion for getting up in the morning.

Today was the first day of her senior year in school. Though Renee liked studying yet she wasn't the nerd. She was known as the pretty and quiet girl in the popular group.

Renee got up and completed her morning routine in record time.She took a quick shower and was ready in about half an hour. She wore denim shorts and a pink tee and coupled it with a black shrug. She applied a little lip balm and she was ready to go. She headed downstairs to find gran and pa sitting at the table. She wished them good morning and pecked them both on the cheek. She sat in her place and had a quick breakfast. She said "gran I will be late. Don't wait up for me. I will have diner with Jess"

"Okay hun I get it. Have fun. "

Renee waved to them and headed out. As soon as she opened the door she saw Damien leaning against his car.

"Good morning love. "

Damien wished as he raked his eyes along her body. She was loking pretty and gorgeous but when he saw the shorts she was wearing his pissessive instincts kicked in "Why are you wearing that. Go change right now! "He growled. Renee was taken aback by his changing moods.

She calmly replied,"I fail to find anything wrong with these clothes. I always wear shorts.Now please if you will excuse me I need to get going. "Renee tried to walk past him but she was suddenly pushed against his car. His wolf was surfacing as Renee could see his eyes changed color

"Don't make me repeat Ella go change"Renee was surprised when Damien used her wolf's name.

Her wolf submitted at her Alpha's request. And Renee had no choice but to obey him too.She cupped his cheek with her palm and tried to calm him down. Damien was breathing heavily trying really hard to control his wolf.He closed his eyes and relished his mates scent. Renee pecked him on his lips and quickly dashed into her house to change. She pulled on black skinny jeans and quickly made her way to his car. Damien was seated in the car. She could see that he had completely calmed down. She mentally sighed at her feat of preventing him to go Alpha wolf on her. She quickly settled in the car. The drive to the school was quiet. On reaching the school she said to him "Thanks for the ride. I wil catch a ride with Jess while coming home. "She stepped out of the car but was suddenly pulled in again. Damien smashed his lips on hers. She was taken aback by his sudden public display of affection. She kissed him back and let him roam her mouth with his tongue. He backed away breathing heavily as ge looked at her with eyes glazed with want and lust. "You are mine babygirl. Stay away from those hormonal teenage guys. Especially the humans. "he warned her in a calm tone. Renee now understood his motive behind the kiss. He was staking his claim. She was hurt by his lack of trust in her.

Renee made a beeline for the school entrance as she could feel everyones eyes on her.

As she was hurrying towards the entrance she saw Jess waiting near the doors for her. Renee beemed on seeing her best friend.

"Hello the almighty Luna. How do u do? "Jess overdramatically asked in a fake British accent. Renee couldn't refrain from giggling at the imbicility of Jess.

"Stop it Jess. "Renee playfully reprimanded her friend. "Oh come on Renee. I am so happy for you. You found your mate. I also found mine who by the way is the most over bearing male I have ever seen in my life"Renee giggled at her friends situation. She, herself found Damien to be overbearing, but he being an Alpha, the possessiveness and overprotectiveness was innate. Josh, Jess' mate was a Beta. So he had the overprotective streak too.