"exactly," he turns to look at you and you can tell he's wearing a stupid grin under that stupid pig head.

you turn away from him while crossing your arms and pouting. even though you know he can't see your face, pouting is always necessary.

a laughing noise can be heard from the boy beside you, "okay fine, how about we sneak away from this boring job."

your face lights up as you turn to look at him, "really? but what about su-ae?"

"i think she can hold her own. c'mon let's go," he offers his hand to you and you take it.

for no reason whatsoever, the two of you start running as if this was a forbidden romance novel and the two main leads finally decided to run away and get married. except in this novel, it was two pigs running away together, how romantic.

you pass the crowded street dohwa was supposed to be working on, the two of you run by an unusually large apartment, and you keep running until you can't anymore.

the two of you end up on a random small hill, at a random park. not a person in sight because of how late it is—on a weekday too.

you collapse onto the ground—still holding dohwa's hand and therefore pulling him with you. he grunts as he tries to dodge your body and ends up falling beside you. shuffling can be heard from him moving around but you're too tired to look.

the two of you lay on the grass for a few seconds, both focusing hard on catching your breaths. after a minute or two, you manage to steady your heartbeat. now you're finally able to pull the sweaty and stuffy pig head off of you.

"i can finally breath," you inhale deeply, the smell of a late summer night entering your nostrils.

dohwa sees your reaction and quickly takes off his pig head too. a happy sigh escapes his lips as he too can finally breath again.

suddenly, you feel a drop of rain land on your head.

then, another on your nose.

until you feel tiny drops of rain land everywhere on your body.

and soon, those tiny drops of rain don't seem so tiny anymore.

you turn your head to look at dohwa, a look of concern covering your expression. dohwa turns his head to look at you, excitement growing in his body. he hops up off the ground and lends a hand out for you to grab.

"let's dance," he grins.

you wanted to say no, to flat out reject him, or even hesitate at least but dancing in the rain with your boyfriend sounds like the most funnest thing ever.

so, you grab onto his hand for him to pull you up. and with that your arms make their way around his shoulders and his make their way around your waist, like clockwork.

the two of you sway to the rhythm of the rain hitting the earth's surface. all you needed was each other, for when the other one is around you become whole.

out of nowhere, the rain becomes not so soothing, and instead feels like a mini hammer hitting your head a million times.

"dohwa!" you shout, the rain becoming so loud that it was hard to hear even yourself. so you take matters into your own hand by unwrapping your arms from dohwa's shoulders and pulling him towards the nearest tree.

you finally reach the tree and the two of you stand there in silence, the situation sounding like a romantic movie scene gone wrong. neither of you knowing what to say, or how to even process it.

your body can't take it anymore, you burst into a fit of giggles. maybe it was your way of coping or maybe the whole thing was funny in general...or maybe a bit of both.

you grasp onto the tree's trunk to try and keep you stable but you end up sliding down it. dipping you head in between your chest and your knees, trying to calm down the laughter inside of you.

"what?" dohwa asks, confused on why you were laughing yet was on the verge of laughing too just from seeing you do it.

"dohwa," you gasp for air, "we're soaked!" you manage to spit out before giggling even harder.

your words make him look down and take note of just how soaked the pig costume is. he starts to laugh at the irony of the situation. "oh, i'm screwed." he spits out which makes you both pause the laughter.

there's a beat.

but then you both start laughing again, knowing about the consequences you'll have to face tomorrow.

still giggling a bit, dohwa slides down the trunk—it being wide enough for two people to lean against—beside you.

he goes silent while you finally manage to end your laughing fit. the rain can still be heard but not as much from under the cover of the huge willow tree you were under. however, the leaves of the willow tree were still swaying harshly, creating a strong wind.

you turn to observe dohwa only to find him already looking at you, a soft smile sitting on his face.

"what?" you shyly ask, wondering if there was something on your face.

"you're beautiful."

you pause, it seems like the world stops at that very moment, you feel like melting into the ground and becoming one with the earth.

you can't seem to find an answer to his sentence, or maybe it's that you can't muster up the courage to say the words your brain has already put together. so you go with the next best answer.

"shut up," you place your fingers on his chin to pull his face towards you, leaning in and giving him a gentle and soft kiss.

it stays like that for a bit. his lips connected to yours, slowly and softly moving in sync. but soon, that gentle kiss turns into a hard and passionate one as dohwa pulls you onto his lap.

"dohwa, we're still soaked." you giggle, tucking a loose strand of hair behind your ear.

"so what?" he smiles without a card in the world as he leans back in to kiss you.

——

you open the door to the infirmary feeling like absolute shit. your head aches, your body aches, one minute you're burning up and the next you're stone cold. you have no idea why you came to school knowing that you'd be stuck in the nurses office for the whole day. but just because you regret getting sick, doesn't mean you regret any of the choices that were made by you yesterday.

you drag your feet towards the closest bed, pulling away the curtain that was hiding it, only to reveal a dohwa looking just as sickly—if not, more—as you.

"dohwa?" you sniffle, feeling lightheaded and needing to sit down immediately.

"y/n?" he groggily asks, his eyes having a hard time opening. but without another word he lifts the bedsheet up, making room by shuffling over a bit, signaling for you to join him.

you close the curtains and climb in without question and without hesitation. you get nice and warm against the toned body pillow laying beside you. feeling comfort by being this close to him and knowing that you aren't the only sick person in this room.

he snakes his arm around your waist to pull you closer into him—he must've been feeling cold just like you were.

"you're sick too, huh?" your words vibrate against his chest, coming out as muffled.

"mmm mhm" he hums out against the top of your head, snuggling in closer to your hair and making himself comfortable next to you.

and with that, the two of you fall asleep in each others arms.

hopefully the nurse doesn't catch you!

a/n: guys i'm kinda running out of ideas...idk when the last chapter of this book will be but it looks like it's coming up a lot sooner than i thought... (i also think maybe PLO might be coming to an end soon too?!)