X

we're walking away from the bathrooms—with su-ae and dohwa in front and me trailing behind them—after waiting for su-ae to do her business.

"woah...i really didn't think i'd be able to go home today. thank goodness." she sighed a sigh of relief.

"let's go quickly. it's already late." she said to dohwa, only.

"yeah...it's really spooky here." he replied but then slowed down and started limping. "ouch."

——

us three were now outside on the field. su-ae was carrying dohwa, because he said his ankle hurt, with me still trailing behind them. not wanting to third wheel anymore i turned around and went the opposite way, they wouldn't notice if i was gone anyways...

i'm at the entrance/exit that leads to the school grounds when i turn back to make sure they're okay. turns out they're more than okay. su-ae's chasing dohwa around on the field while he's giggling, but then she stops and rests her hands on her knees, starting to laugh too.

did i ever have a chance with dohwa? i could never be better than the female lead herself. i was stupid for thinking we could be something more.

it's best that i give dohwa space, seeing as he doesn't like me and i was probably just being a nuisance this whole time...

——

i wake up to a few texts from dohwa and su-ae.

                                   dohwa   >

9:00pm - y/n where'd you go?
did u get kidnapped LOL

9:05pm - are you okay?
read

shocker that he must've spent some time looking through his contacts to find my number when he couldn't even find the time to look at me yesterday. also, i think i checked my phone—since we got them back from the teachers' office—a bit after i left and the time read 8:55pm. it might not seem like a lot of time but shouldn't a real friend realize you left a few seconds after you did? do they even consider me as a real friend? or am i just the second choice?

i opened su-ae's texts.

————————————————————-
su-ae (soon to be bff)  >

9:01 - y/n where'd you go?

9:06 - please answer, we're worried.
read
—————————————————————
wow that's a first. didn't seem like they were too worried when i was obviously upset. whatever, it's fine, it's not like it's that big of a deal anyways.

i decided to walk with ra-im to school. i don't know why im avoiding su-ae too. she didn't really do anything wrong...except for ignoring me- but i can't blame her, i'm just a side character, after all. it's not like it's any of their faults, dohwa can't help but fall in love with su-ae since that's how the webtoon goes. i'm so stupid for thinking i could change that.

i get to class and put my earphones in, not really wanting to talk to anyone right now. but of course i feel a tap on my shoulder, disturbing my peace. i look up to see a su-ae slightly bending over to be closer to my face.

"hey y/n. what happened last night? are you okay?" she asked worried.

"yeah." i tried to smile before putting my earphones back in. i could feel her staring at me even when she walked back to her seat. i could feel her confused gaze, but it's not like i matter that much in her life, 'i' (the previous y/n) was obsessed with her boyfriend after all.

some time goes by and the teacher starts teaching but that's when i see a dohwa out of the corner of my eye, looking into our classroom. oh he's probably here to see su-ae. must've gotten in late and couldn't wait to see his crush's face. i incline my head a little to left so that i wouldn't have to see his lovey expression directed towards su-ae out of the corner of my eye. but that's when i feel a buzz in my pocket. it's from my phone that i hid from the teacher. i sneak a peak at it to see what the notification says and it's a text from dohwa.