𝟯𝟱. 𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴

Grace's pov

I look around the hall as Olivia's producer, Dean, opens the door for us. 

Olivia and I finally wrote a lyrics to our song, I came up with some chords, and Liv came up with hers and we don't know how to connect them together. That's why Rodrigo decided to take me to the studio.

"Hi Dean, meet my Grace!", Olivia exclaims happily, hugging him. 

"Finally!", the man laughs, looking at me, "Hello, Grace, I'm Dean, Olivia's producer", he smiles.

"I'm Grace Levine", I chuckle, "Olivia's partner for a collab and her girlfriend", we hug, and then I do the same what Liv does, I take off my shoes and follow her to the room.

"Are you thirsty or hungry?", Dean asks.

"Some water would be nice", Olivia replies, "do you want something, Grace?"

"Water, too", I say awkwardly and Liv pushes the door, and I see the place where she recorder all of her songs. "Such a vibe", I comment, watching as Olivia puts her tote bag on the couch, sitting there. 

"Grace, you're so awkward, come on", Liv chuckles as I sit next to her. "Dean is so cool and you can be yourself here, the atmosphere is always relaxed here".

"Okay", I sigh, resting my head on Olivia's shoulder. 

Dean comes back with two glasses of water, then he sits on his chair. 

We describe our idea to him, he agrees but then he asks us to sing this song together. 

"The point is", Olivia starts, sitting by the piano, "I came up with other chords than Grace, and we wanna connect them".  

"Play it for me", Dean says. 

And after 2 hours, we have the right melody and our chords are connected in the way that me and Liv likes. We decided to take a little break, because we were working straight for 2 hours. I talk with Dean about my career, Liv is listening, holding my hand. 

We go back to the work, I'm sitting by the piano, playing our chord compilation, Liv plays it too, but on the guitar. She sings the first verse  and then Olivia sings the chorus alone. We decided that I'm coming out on the second chorus. 

We have a problem, since we have to change a lyrics in the second verse a bit. I and Dean already found a way to do it, so Liv is just listening to our changes. 

"Is it okay?", I ask her when I'm done with reading her the lyrics.

"Yes, I love it", she grins. "I wanna call this song making the bed".

"Making the bed?", I raise my eyebrow.

"Mhm. Sounds weird but it can have a lot of meanings", she explains, "look, you make a bed and you have to lie in it".

"Okay, I start to understand", I giggle, "let's call our song making the bed".

And at the end of the day, at 6pm the song called making the bed is done. I feel so tired and I'm genuinely curious how Olivia can be so energetic at this moment.

We leave the studio and I ask Liv if she can drive, on the way we stop at Five Guys and buy burgers and fries.

ఌ︎

When we were done with eating, Olivia's phone called and she disappeared upstairs. Now I hear footsteps and move my gaze on Liv, who seems kinda confused? Sad?

She sits on my lap and I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her closer.

"My dad just called", she whispers, "it took so long for my parents to understand that Nate was the bad one".