𝟯𝟰. 𝗽𝗵𝗼𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗹𝗯𝘂𝗺

Start from the beginning

We start eating, the food is delicious. Fortunately there's no awkward silent by the table. 

"So, how long are you girls together?", Ivy asks, looking at me, as if she was expecting an answer from me, not Grace. 

"Um...", I count in my mind, "we met in february and we started hangin out then... but I think at the end of the may we became a couple".

"So four months? Isn't it too fast to introducing her to our family?", Claire gazes at Grace, giving her kinda angry look, I tense up.

"Jesus, Claire, can you not open your mouth once when we're eating?", Ivy snorts.

"I love her and I know she's a right person for me", Grace replies and under the table she put her hand on my thigh. And that's what she ends the conversation with.

After a moment of silence, Ivy asks, "Grace, how did you meet this beautiful angel girl?". I smile at the way she called me.

"She asked me to make a collab on her another album", Grace says, "and Olivia and I met, and we just became friends", she shrugs, smiling.

"Oh, so you're a musican, too?", Sean asks, chewing potatoes.

"Yes, I am. So me and Grace have a lot in common", I chuckle.

ఌ︎

The dinner went good, Claire made some nasty comments, but Grace told me not to care about them.

Then Grace got another cake, which was pretty plain, but my girlfriend was happy anyway. Also she got some presents, mostly money.

Now we're sitting in Aurora's living room which is big and nicely decorated, there are a lot of family pictures hanging in it. There are two couches and two armchairs, I'm sitting on the couch with Grace, her favorite grandma and Aurora, on the second couch are Sean, Claire and John, Claire's husband and Grace's grandfather.

Grace is holding a glass of water, drinking it from time to time. We talk on various topics, but suddenly Aurora speaks up.

"Okay, I have to tell you something, since we all are together", she says seriously. I look at Grace who is taking a sip of water and glances at Aurora.

Her sister is grabbing her husband's hand.

"Well... I'm pregnant".

Grace suddenly spits out water and starts coughing. "You're what?", she lets out.

"Aw, sweetheart, it's amazing", Ivy hugs her, when Claire scoffs.

"She's only 23", she whispers loud enough to  John.

Grace seems so terrified, or maybe shocked.

"Oh God, how did it happen?", she asks when she's done with wiping her mouth and pants.

"Hell, Grace, me and Sean are married, you think we don't do that?", she laughs and I realize that I didn't actually react on it.

I felt a pressure in my heart when someone close to me turns out to be pregnant as I missed the chance to enjoy it.

But overall, I am very happy for her, because that means that Grace and maybe me (if we'll be still together, I hope so) will be aunties.

I get up from the couch and come over her, spreading my arms for her. She gladly accepts my hug.

"I'm so happy for you, Aurora", I whisper, stroking her back, "I can't wait to meet your baby".

"Aw, Liv, you will have to wait another eight months", she giggles, "but I can reserve you the role of the best aunt ever, my sister is completely incapable of taking care of babies".