𝟯𝟯. 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀

Start from the beginning

I know that I need to talk to Grace about it, but it can wait, today's her birthday and I don't want to mess up this day. 

Grace woke up a while ago and now she's confused why can't we walk in by the garage.

I made arrangements with my friends that when they heard I parked in the garage, they would close the curtains, turn off the lights, and hide to surprise my girlfriend when she came home.

"Why can't we walk in by the garage door, it would be faster", she says, complaining.

"I don't know", I shrug and she sighs, but she takes out her keys from her white purse and opens the door.

I try not to smile as Grace opens the door wider, seeing the living room curtains drawn. 

"I didn't close the curtains", she mumbles, turning to me, terrified. God, she's scared that someone broke to our house.

Confused, Grace walks into the living room just as there's a loud "surprise!", the lights come on, and Conan blows his birthday whistle.

We all start singing happy birthday, I watch as Grace's mouth and eyes go widen.

When we end, Grace looks around the living room and kitchen. My friends hung up more balloons, added a happy birthday banner to Grace, and now they were standing with presents and cake on the kitchen island.

"Oh my God", my Grace whispers and she runs to the closest person to her, to Conan.

She hugs him tight, definitely stopping herself from crying.

Then she hugs everyone in the room, friends and her sister are whispering wishes for her, and at the end, completely touched Grace comes to cuddle up to me.

"Happy birthday, baby. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you so much", I say softly, rocking our bodies.

"You're the best", Grace sniffles and we pull away, she looks at little crowd in our living room. "Thank you so much, guys", she says, "I don't really know what to do or say because no one has never surprised me like that. But thank you, I appreciate it a lot", Gracie giggles, wiping her teary eyes.

"Come on, blow out the candles", Madi says, leading Grace to the kitchen counter.

The cake is really pretty. Madison told me before she made a chocolate cake with strawberry filling, the topping is pink and on the cake it says "happy 21th, Grace!". And the cake is decorated with strawberries and pink sprinkles.

Grace is amazed by the sight of her birthday cake, Madi lights the candles and I pull out my phone to record everything.

I see that Grace takes a photo of the cake, and then we start singing happy birthday once again. My girlfriend laughs softly, looking the most adorable.

She makes a wish, closing her eyes. And the moment later she blows out the candles.

"Yay! Happy birthday!", we yell and Levine chuckles.

"Thank you again", she smiles, "are we eating now?"

"Yeah!", people exclaims.

"Liv, do you have any knife?", Madison asks me. I nod, starting rummaging drawers.

"Hey, Grace, look what I have for you!", Iris pays Grace's attention. She's holding a pink hat with the title "happy birthday". Grace takes it from her, wearing it. 

Grace's pov

I chew another bite of cake, feeling such a pleasant mix of chocolate and strawberry. I'm sitting on the couch between Liv and Aurora, Madi, Iris is sitting on the chair next to us, Madison and Conan chose the floor. We eat, telling jokes, and it's difficult to not choke on the cake when we burst out laughing every now and then.