Chapter 23: Heart to Panties with Mr. Bad Boy

Start from the beginning

"You are."

"Oh? Because I make you laugh and feel all warm and fuzzy inside." His voice was just dripping with venomous sarcasm. He had a dull expression on his face.

"It feels normal to be with you."

"Ha. So I don't get your heart rate up?"

"Maybe a little bit," I admitted. "But I feel as if I don't have to yell at you for being immature, like Ian and...Ian."

"But do you get a rush from the danger?"

"You're not dangerous."

"We've already gone over this, Char. I'm very dangerous, well, I can be."

I smiled. "Just because you have the potential to hurt me, doesn't mean you will. I don't think you could ever physically hurt me."

"Don't doubt me."

"I'm not. I'm believing in you for you to do the right thing—or not to do the wrong thing."

I was beginning to think I said the wrong thing because he didn't say anything for five minutes after that. And when he did, it was, "I'm not a virgin anymore, so your futile efforts will be wasted."

"I'm not after it!"

"That's what they all say. It hurts that you would lie to me like that, Char."

"You're such a kidder," I said dryly.

"You're right," he decided. "I am good company."

***

"So," I started, swinging my arms back and forth. "What do we do now?"

Tyler shrugged. "I don't care."

I didn't plan anything. He didn't plan anything. So we didn't do anything. With Ian, Luke, Beckett, or Alec, they always had a set schedule on what we would be doing, or at least some sort of idea. But not Tyler. When I asked him what we were doing today, his reply was "You wanted to hang out. Here I am. You make the plans."

I wasn't used to being in charge. I was always the one who went with the flow, and apparently, so was Tyler. So here we were, two go-with-the-flow people, not flowing. In fact, we were just sitting in his car in a vacant parking lot downtown. It was awkward, to say the least. Our past talks two completely different sides.

"Wanna make out?"

I shook my head quickly, an appalled look crossing my face. "No!"

He shrugged. "Calm down. It was just a suggestion. Don't get your panties in a bunch."

"My panties are not in a bunch, thank you very much."

"Just an expression, Char, but I'm beginning to think that your panties are in a bunch."

"Can we just stop talking about my hypothetical panties?"

A sly smile crept up to his lips. "You mean you're not wearing any?"

"I never said that!"

"But you didn't deny it either."

"Shut up," I mumbled dejectedly.

He didn't say anything after that, nor did I. Our attempts, at making conversation were dwindling. What broke the silence made Tyler snicker. "Ooh, we called it off again last night, but ooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you..."

To save myself from further embarrassment, I clicked answer before looking to see who it was. "Hello?" I muttered, my cheeks flushing with color. I made a mental note to change it.