"I'm sorry."

They stared at one another for long moments, smiling, then laughing at themselves, then smiling again.

"I can't believe you're going to be in New York in eleven days," Lauren finally broke the silence.

"It was a surprise to me, too."

"Good surprise?"

Camila nodded sharply, "Best surprise."

"I didn't mean to put you on the spot about staying with me earlier," Lauren said seriously. "If that makes you uncomfortable or anythi-"

"No, no," Camila interrupted. "I was hoping you would ask."

"I can't wait to have you here, eleven days feels like forever right now."

10 Days until NYC

"Tell Mani, I said hi," Lauren said.

"Okay, sure."

"Camz, there's a mirror behind you," Lauren pointed. "I can see her hovering in your doorway."

Soon enough, Normani had appeared just behind Camila's shoulder. "Hi Lauren."

"Hi Mani," Lauren waved with her fingers. "Nice to see you."

"Nice to see you, too, finally," Normani said with a big-mouthed grin.

"So?" Lauren leaned in a bit closer. "Are you going to give me some kind of 'talk' or something?"

"No!" Camila shook her head.

"I'm not a hundred percent sure about Camila staying with you," Normani talked over the brunette woman.

Camila palmed her face and pushed her away, "Will you stop it?"

She appeared again after slapping her hand, "You're going to take care of her, right?"

Something in the vulnerability of the question and the way Lauren's face softened from 'don't fuck with me' to 'I get where you're coming from' made Camila take special notice.

"Her well-being will be my number one priority, Mani," the raven answered. "I'll take good care of her."

"Thank you," she said sincerely.

9 Days until NYC

"What are you doing?" Lauren asked.

Camila was lying on her stomach, stretched across her couch, poking at the screen of her phone. "I'm poking your dimple."

"Which one?"

"Right."

"Nice," Lauren turned her face a little. "I can almost feel it."

"Nine days."

"Nine days," the other woman sighed. "Uh, Camzi. Lord Pumpkin is giving me that look again."

Pumpy had taken up residence on Camila's back and was watching Lauren over her shoulder. He found her just as fascinating as Camila did.

"He likes you," the brunette said.

"He looks like he wants to eat me."

"It's been over an hour since his last treat," Camila told her. "He's probably considering it."

"Will he be okay while you're gone?"

"Mani will take care of him," Camila replied.

"Okay," Lauren said. "I just don't want him to be lonely."

Camila was amused, "He'll be fine. I've left the two of them alone before. And I've already explained to Pumps that he might have to share me."

"Is he okay with that?"