𝟲𝟯; 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗘𝗢

Start from the beginning

𝟎

The day has rolled by, the day where it was all supposed to end, the day when Lee Felix was supposed to die. 'What now?' Felix wonders to himself as he stares into the mirror, taking in the sight of himself precisely. Watching every crease and turn of his features. He gulps saliva down his parched throat as he notices details he's never noticed about his face before. He looks different, very different. The pale-as-a-ghost complexion of his has melted away into a beautiful ivory tone, one that looks like a human's. His purple, discolored lips look pink and soft, perhaps because he has stopped chewing on them irrationally. His cheeks are a bit plump and flush now, they don't have his cheekbones and the entire structure of his face sticking out like he was a corpse anymore, his eyes are lively and bright unlike earlier when dark circles and sunken eyelids were all you could see, though his hair might not be the healthiest he knows it's just a sign of better times and all in all, Felix looks healthy. Healthier than he's ever been.

Then why does he still feel so scared? Why does he feel terrified to the core like he can't watch the sun go down today? The doctor had told him the countdown was irrelevant so why? Why was he still feeling this way? He is certain the man isn't lying just to assure him because he genuinely feels good. Still, his fears just won't fade away and it's starting to eat him from the inside. Felix exhaled deeply, splashing his face with some water before he made his way toward the bathroom door, grabbing a towel from the compartment on the countertop and sliding the door open unaware that Hyunjin was outside waiting for him.

He is startled by the sight of Hyunjin when he stops wiping his face with the towel, staring at the man who is sitting on his bed with a soft smile on his lips. In a second, when Felix's rapid heart calmed, he was filled with joy as he too smiled widely, glad to have Hyunjin by his side as he walked over to him "You made it!" He squeals in excitement, settling the towel down on his desk and sitting next to Hyunjin who nods just a little and inches toward Felix, not even a heartbeat later his hands are engulfing Felix's which sparks both worry and confusion in the brunette

"Hyunjin we--" As Felix looks down at their hands the sight silences him and confusion spreads again "Huh" he lets out as he stares at Hyunjin's hands which are covered with black gloves "What's that?" He questions in a small voice, looking up at Hyunjin who licks his lips but still doesn't let go of his hands, intertwining their fingers on both hands as he begins to explain "I couldn't hold back from you...I knew you wouldn't let me do it otherwise so I had to elevate" Hyunjin ends his sentence with a slight puff of air as he presses his lips in a thin line and looks down at their enclosed hands once again. 

Felix keeps quiet and does the same as the other man, though he isn't fond of the idea of Hyunjin risking his safety he can't lie and say that he hasn't missed Hyunjin's warmth, that he didn't imagine Hyunjin's arms around himself each night because he couldn't sleep otherwise, that this didn't feel like bargained heaven, so he pushed away his worries and grabbed tightly onto Hyunjin's hands.

When the brunette boy looked up he saw that Hyunjin still hadn't and the look on his face made fret rise in his chest 'Is something wrong?' He wonders before he calls Hyunjin's name and brings his attention to himself "Hyun?" His voice is sweet and usually Hyunjin would break into a smile at the nickname no matter how hard he tries to stop it but today the taller didn't even curl his lips slightly, his eyes are hazy when he looks up at Felix with his brows raised in question "hm?" He hums and waits for Felix to answer who is by now absolutely perturbed "Is something wrong?" He tries to not be too pushy about it but he can't hide the visible concern in his tone