"Yeah. I'm just trying to convince myself that this is a good idea. I tend to get in my head a lot," he says with a sigh. "You got this. It can wait, okay? Just focus on finishing off the season strong and you'll get back to finding your birth parents afterward." I rub his shoulder a couple of times in comfort.

He looks away at something in front of him for a long minute. "What is that?" he says suddenly. I follow his eyes but don't see what he's talking about. "What?" I question. He lifts his hand and points to my leg, I realize. More specifically, the scar on my left leg. "Oh. Figure skating accident. I sliced my leg open with the blade of my skate when I was thirteen. Had to get ten stitches," I recall to him, tracing my index finger over the six-inch scar on my calf.

I look up at the scar on his eyebrow. He also got it in a skating accident when he was younger. "I'm surprised I've never noticed it," he says, staring at it still. I shrug. "I'm always in tights and jeans that's probably why," I tell him. He nods before touching my scar with his finger. Like always, my belly flutters at his touch.

"Does it hurt?" he asks quietly. "Not since it's healed," I admit. When my scar started to form, I hated it so much. I wished it would go away all the time. My doctor told me it probably wouldn't but I could use different creams to make it fade over time. I remember my skin getting so dry because of how much I applied different creams.

Over time, I stopped caring. My scar was a part of me. It was a reason my dad wanted me to stop skating. He didn't realize how dangerous it could be until then. I had to beg my parents to let me continue taking my classes and competing. It worked obviously and I haven't had another accident since then luckily.

"We match." He points to his scar and I smile. "We do."

Then once again, stillness overtakes us and as much as I love sitting in silence, I cannot take it for a second longer. "Okay, let's go." I stand up from the couch and hold my hand out. Miles looks at me, brows pulled together in confusion. "Come on, I'm taking you somewhere." Wagging my brows, I smile to seal my deal. He stands on his own but grabs my hand once he's up. "Where are we going?"

I grab my keys from the front table and look back at him. "It's a surprise." He looks at me like I'm deranged and honestly, I might be but I'm rolling with the plan I've created in my head. Hopefully, by the end of the night, I'll see a smile on his face.

The ride is quiet with only my music playing through the speakers. Miles is on his phone the whole time but I don't mind it for now. When we get to the destination, it's almost empty, just like I knew it would be. I turn off the engine. "Here we are!" Miles puts his phone down, finally, and looks up at the building in front of us. "Au revoir?" he says the name of the place, his French accent pretty decent.

I nod frantically and jump off the car before he can say anything else. He follows my lead shortly after, putting on a Yankees baseball cap. When the door opens up for us, a young girl greets us. "Bonjour. Welcome in." I return the greeting and when I look at Miles, I almost laugh. His face screams what the fuck.

There are only a couple of other people here tonight. The Eiffel Tower stands tall on the far side of the room. The Arc de Triomphe is on the other side, close to Louvre - one of my personal favorites. There's also a large chapel and different little stands where people can buy food. I stop Miles in the middle. "When I was younger, my parents always used to take me and my siblings to Paris when we were upset," I tell him.

Miles' eyes focus on me now, widening. "How rich is your family again?" he asks, making me laugh. "Well, we went to the real Paris occasionally. If my parents took us every time one of us was upset, I think they'd go broke. Especially with Kayce." I spread my arms over the place. "We came to this Paris when we couldn't go to the one thousands of miles away."