Chapter 15 - Kanezaka's Protector

Comenzar desde el principio

Mr Yoshida: "Yep. You know, someone came to work with me today and she's very excited to see you"

Looking down I saw Akari, a little deaf girl with a fox headband who over the years I've developed a way of talking to with sign language. I squat down next to her and started using sign language, when she saw me she began waving with joy and hope in her eyes.

Akari (Sign Language): "Kiriko!"

Kiriko (Sign Language): "Hey there, little rabbit. You're getting so good at that"

Akari: "I'm a fox, not a rabbit!"

Kiriko: "Oh ho hoo, but of course. I've got something for you"

With that I started to pull out something from my bag, a little orange fox plush with the shrine maiden outfit. Akari took it and hugged it immediately then began gesturing to me she also had something for me. She dug through her bag and pulled out another headband, this one painted red and whit with little ears poking from the sides.

Kiriko: "How do I look?"

I began posing like a model which Akari began laughing to

Akari: "You're so silly!"

Kiriko: "Welp, I should get going. See you later little fox, Mr Yoshida pray for me"

I continued walking down the hallway before reaching my door, inside I could hear a vacuum so I immediately knew what was about to happen when I walked through this door.

Kiriko: "Mom! You're here!"

Asa: "Ah! Kiriko! Its not safe here anymore, just last week someone was robbed at gunpoint. You should never have moved out! I brought you groceries"

Kiriko: "Mom, You're overreacting"

Asa: "I'm not overreacting... Please. Tell me this is not your dinner"

I could only grin and be speechless in the face of my mothers dead pan expression

Asa: "Kiriko"

Kiriko: "Mom, look at me, I am totally protected by the fox spirit. Just like grandma was"

Asa: "Your grandmother is gone... and I will not lose you too"

Kiriko: "But mom, the fox spirit blocks bullets and balances your blood sugar. She's an all purpose kind of spirit, all purpose, like flour, which makes... Donuts!"

Asa: "You know I have a sword, right?"

Kiriko: "I'm fine, Im sooo safe"

Asa: "Y'know. I stay up all night worrying about you. You've stopped training with me, Kanezaka's falling apart and I... I don't know how to protect you. Faith alone, isn't enough Kiriko"

Kiriko: "Mom. You may not believe in the fox spirit, or what grandma taught me. But believe in me... I'm stronger than you think"

Asa: "Are you?"

I just stood there, I didn't want to talk to her anymore. She's always overprotective of me and acts like I haven't been able to take care of myself even though she taught me almost everything I know when It comes to self defense, I wish sometimes she would take me more seriously. The rest of the night went swimmingly with her trying to get me to eat food I don't like until I started hearing footsteps and banging coming from outside my door, looking through the peephole I see Mr. Yoshida being surrounded by Hashimoto and is then pinned up against the wall by one of them which was enough for me to step in.