I feel the corners of my eyes prick with tears, and I bring the sleeves of my sweatshirt up to wipe them away. "W- We started spending time together outside of work," I continue. "He was different when it was just us. I told him about my family-"

"You what?" She gasps softly, her mouth hanging open. "Katie, why-"

"I don't know," I cut her off, shaking my head. "I- It just came out. It's not something I ever intended on sharing with him, but he was actually really sweet after I told him. He held me while I cried, h- he took care of me after."

She nods her head slowly, clearly trying to absorb everything I'm telling her.

"The next day, he took me to breakfast," I sniff, averting my gaze down to my hands. I notice the skin around my left thumbnail is torn up from my mindless picking. "He took me to the beach..."

My voice trails off, waiting to see if she has anything to say. Cass knows how much I love the beach. She doesn't know the specifics, but she knows it's my safe space.

I let Harry into my safe space.

She doesn't say anything.

"He started changing," I clear my throat. "He opened up to me a little bit. He was kind. And then this happened."

"Katie," she whispers sadly, scooting closer to me to pull me into her arms. "I'm so sorry."

I tuck my body against her right side, placing my legs over hers, and resting my head on her chest. She rubs my arm gently in an attempt to soothe me.

"I just don't understand," I chuckle sadly. "Everything was fine. I don't know why he lost it tonight."

"I asked Louis what happened," Cass says. "He wouldn't tell me."

"It doesn't even matter," I say truthfully. "He said what he said. I'm nothing to him."

The room is silent for a few moments, all I can hear is the sound of her heart beating against my ear.

"You like him, don't you?" Cass breaks the peaceful silence.

I feel a pain in my chest at her question. It's the one question I was praying she wouldn't ask, because I knew if I answered it, it would make it real.

My bottom lip begins to quiver as my eyes well up with hot tears. "Yes," I choke out before the tears begin to slip down my cheeks. "God, I feel so stupid."

"Hey, now why would you feel stupid for your feelings?" Cass coos, placing a soft kiss in my hair. "We don't choose who we fall for, babe. Our heart chooses for us."

"Well, then I need my heart to sort its shit out," I huff. "Because this sucks."

Cass lets out a loud laugh, causing her chest to vibrate against my cheek. The sensation makes me giggle before I lift my head.

Cass reaches her hand up to brush the strands of hair that have fallen out of my ponytail off my face. "It does suck," she nods, smiling softly. "But it won't suck forever. You have more love to give than anyone I've ever met, Katie. Don't let Harry's dumb ass change that."

A tired smile plays on my lips, and I nod my head. "I won't."

Cass's eyes scan my face. "Are you going to be okay?" She asks me, her tone sounding worried.

"Yeah, eventually," I say truthfully. "I think I just need to get some sleep right now."

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

"No, that's okay," I shake my head, pushing myself up from the couch. She copies my actions. "Go spend time with Niall."

"Are you sure?" She hesitates, furrowing her brows. "I don't mind-"