NORMAL WELCOME

Their arrival at Hogwarts was as they expected it to be. The group had walked into the Great Hall, the girls in the front while the boys walked directly behind them. People had turned their heads, whispered and pointed, while they had all remained completely unbothered.

Mattheo and Theodore were too busy giggling amongst themselves due to the way the first year's stared at them with widened eyes and shaking hands, as they walked towards their usual spot at the Slytherin table.

They were respected back at Slytherin, which is, perhaps, why they felt so at home there.

They weren't judged or rumoured, they were simply themselves.

Alexandra was the first to sit, followed by Theodore who sat next to her. Astoria had sat on the other side of Alexandra, now facing Lorenzo. Next to Lorenzo sat, Draco, Pansy and Mattheo, facing Blaise who had taken a seat next to Theodore.

Their hushed conversations were interrupted by Dumbledore, who had taken a stand, a serious look upon his face.

"Welcome back." He said adequately, keeping his well known confidence despite the events of the past years.

"I must inform you, this might not be such a pleasant year," he took a breath, almost as if to gain composure.

"You see, a young man, named Tom Riddle attended Hogwarts a few years ago." The older man continued, walking towards the front of the hall.

"He was a wonderful student, remarkable ambition and grades. However, he chose the darker approach of life. He is now known as Voldemort, or perhaps, the Dark Lord, as some of you may call it." Glares were instantly shot at Mattheo, he could feel the back of his neck being burned with stares.

"Thus, we believe certain dark forces may be trying to enter Hogwarts. This is not meant to alarm you, it's meant as a warning. Hogwarts Wizarding School will be taking measures to ensure that no student is harmed. No one will be able to exit the castle after hours, and the curfews will be enforced further."

Alexandra's mind was racing, trying to think the reason behind this announcement. Perhaps Astoria was right, and Dumbledore knew about the infamous rumours that followed the group. The brunette had remained composed, tilting her head as she noticed Draco resting his head on his hand, zoning out.

The girl kicked him under the table, then tilting her head towards Dumbledore with wide eyes. It was almost as if she was warning him too.

"We are also asking for your cooperation. If you happen to see something, anything, that can help us to keep you safer, please find me in my office." The elder man sighed, looking over at the Slytherin table for a longer time than necessary.

Alexandra took a deep breath as she noticed this, biting on the skin inside her mouth slightly. Theo took notice to this, putting his hand on her thigh in a reassuring manner. He looked down on her with his green eyes, raising his brows slightly, almost as if to tell her to relax.

She nodded her head slightly, exchanging looks with Astoria, who also had a slight furrow in between her brows.

"I have nothing else to say. Just be mindful of your whereabouts, and have a great year." Dumbledore terminated his speech, nodding his head and walking back to his seat along with the other professors.

The chatter within the hall had heightened, now everyone had occupied themselves with conversations about summer homework they had, the enforcement of curfew, or just casual conversation.

Mattheo, who's usual smug grin was on display, had a serious scowl on his face. He exchanged looks with everyone, one by one, before opening his mouth to speak. "Means no room for mistake for us then." He stated in a whisper, as he reached his arm out to pick out some of the roast in front of them.

"Yup." Pansy elongated the sound of the 'p,' as she picked up her fork and knife and started eating.

Draco, who was still in his zoned out state was quickly interrupted by Lorenzo snapping his fingers. "Stop it." Enzo whispered softly, as he tucked into his food.

"Did you guys do the potions homework?" Blaise asked, making Mattheo groan slightly.

"I'd rather that you shut up and not speak about homework. Not very welcoming." Pansy joked, rolling her eyes.

"I did it, you can copy off me if you want but don't make it obvious." Alexandra said, taking a sip from her goblet. She shot a glare at Lorenzo, who once tried copying her homework but failed because he copied it the wrong way round.

Theodore sat quietly, taking in the conversation. He loved it when they talked like they had nothing to worry about, just homework. As if their only worry should be to graduate. The boy smiled as he heard the different laughs of his friends, while they cracked different jokes.

He took the moment in, wishing that one day, perhaps another life, they'd all be able to make a choice on how to life their lives.