cold pt.2 - leon kennedy

recap: You and Leon finish the first part of your mission. He goes to Ada first, not even acknowledging you. Later, you and Leon start to argue. You walk away. Both of you guys agree you need to talk later.

You, Leon, Luis, and Ashley have been walking for a while. Ada would be here as well but she left to do her own thing, like always. The four of you agreed that a break is very much needed. You spot a place nearby that looks somewhat safe - at least enough to rest for a few minutes.

"Guys, should we stop here?" you ask the rest of your group. Leon responds to your question, "It looks safe enough."

As everyone begins to head over to the spot for a break, Leon approaches you. "Y/N, can we talk now?"

You glance at the rest of your group and after a moment of thinking it through, you agree, "Sure, but let's find a quieter spot. They don't need to hear us."

Leon nods and you lead him to an area where your group can still see you but they can't hear your conversation.

"So... would you like to start?" you ask, reluctant to be the first to bring up the situation; you always hate being the person to start the conversation.

"Yes. Why the hell were you acting so cold earlier?" Leon says, leaning against a nearby tree, his arms crossed defensively.

You briefly look away, trying to find the right words to say. Of course you know the real reason but you can't tell Leon that so you search for an excuse. But to no avail. You've never been a great liar. So you might as well get this over with.

"I was jealous," you mutter, your voice barely above a whisper.

"Why?" Leon presses, clearly wanting to understand why you felt that way.

"When we returned, you went straight to Ada, asking her if she was okay. You didn't acknowledge me at all," you admit, your voice quivering - much to your dismay.

"I'm sorry, I should've asked about you too. But why does it matter who I ask first?" Leon asks, confusion etched onto his features.

"Because... Leon, I have feelings for you," you confess softly, surprised that those words have actually just come out of your mouth.

"What?" Leon seems confused, thinking he might've misheard you.

"Because I have feelings for you! Is that clear enough for you?" you exclaim, your voice louder than you intended due to how nervous you are currently.

Leon gaze searches your face, trying to decide if you're being serious. To him, it seems as if you are but he still remains slightly skeptical.

He sighs heavily before responding, "Y/N, I feel the same way. I wasn't sure how you actually felt about me, so I.. spent more time with Ada. I hoped that it would make me forget my feelings for you - but it didn't."

You fall silent, processing his words. "So, you went to Ada first in order to hide your feelings for me?"

"Pretty much," he confirms.

A smile forms on your face and you slowly lean in to kiss him. His hands reach for your waist, drawing you closer and you share a passionate kiss.

Leon holds you close to him, the kiss remaining unbroken. When you finally pull away for air, you keep your hands on his chest, feeling your cheeks flush as you realise what you've just done. As you start to withdraw your hands, you notice a small smirk on his face.

Leon, noticing your movement, gently catches your wrist to stop you. He doesn't say anything; he just simply looks at you before leaning in for another kiss. Soon, his arms are wrapped around you once more.

When you pull away from the kiss for a second time, you hug him, resting your head in the crook of his neck. Leon closes his eyes, holding you close to his body.

You begin to speak softly, "Leon, I'm sorry for acting so cold earlier. You didn't deserve it. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. I honestly kind of deserved it," he chuckled softly. He asks, "Should we head back to Luis and Ashley?"

You nod, and as you start walking back, he holds your hand and your fingers intertwine with his.

As you and Leon walk back towards Luis and Ashley, holding hands and feeling a newfound warmth between you, you can't help but smile at the turn of events. The tension that has been hanging between you dissolved into something sweeter, and it seemed like a weight lifted off both of your shoulders.

As you rejoin the group, Luis and Ashley exchange knowing glances, their expressions reflecting their understanding of what just happened between you and Leon. They didn't pry or ask questions, understanding and respecting your need for privacy.

The rest of your journey continued with a different atmosphere - one filled with subtle glances and shared smiles between you and Leon.