cold - leon kennedy

You and Leon have just completed the first part of your mission. It was challenging, but the two of you managed to pull through. Turning to Leon, you're about to ask if he's alright, but you notice he's already talking with Ada.

"Are you okay?" he asks Ada, checking her over for any injuries.

"Of course," she replies.

You can't help but feel a twinge of jealousy at his words. Why did he ask Ada first and seemingly overlook you? 'This is silly,' you think to yourself. 'Why am I feeling jealous?'

Deciding to let it go, you start to walk over to Luis and Ashley. They look in your direction, both their eyes slightly widening at your state. "Whoa, you look like you've been through a lot. Are you alright?" Ashley asks, concern evident in her tone.

"I'm okay," you reply, though you aren't being entirely truthful. And it's like Ashley can tell because she says, "I'll grab some bandages for you." She offers you a warm smile before walking away.

When she's gone, a silence settles between you and Luis until he finally speaks up, "Hey, I can help patch you up if you'd like."

"That'd be wonderful, Luis. Thank you," You reply, flashing him a small, grateful smile.

Not too long after, Ashley returns, holding the bandages. "I got the bandages, Y/N!" she announces.

Luis looks over at her and it's as if they spoke without actually using any words because Ashley hands the bandages to him. He skillfully begins tending to your wound; the cut on your upper arm isn't too severe, but it still stings. At least now, you won't have to worry about infection.

Meanwhile, Leon finally enters the room and glances over at the scene, looking somewhat puzzled as he notices Luis tending to your arm. Luis meets his gaze, an air of disappointment in his expression - as if he knew what happened earlier without you even having to explain it to him.

As you glance toward the doorway, you notice Leon slowly approaching. "You got hurt? I didn't realize," he says, placing a reassuring hand on your shoulder.

"Oh, I'm alright. Luis was helping me bandage up a cut on my arm," You explain, subtly moving Leon's hand away from your shoulder. Silently, you think to yourself, 'No thanks to you,' though you try to refrain from actually saying those words.

Turning your attention back to Luis, you begin, "Thank you, Luis. I really appreciate your help."

"Of course! I'm always here if you need me," Luis responds warmly, placing his arm around your shoulder.

Leon, with his arms crossed, observes your interaction with Luis, looking almost mad, though you assume you're just seeing things. Leon interjects, "Next time, please just tell me if you're hurt, alright?"

You glance at him, saying, "I'll be alright. Your focus should be on protecting Ashley. That's our main priority after all."

Leon's brows furrow slightly as he replies, "I'd still like to know if you're injured next time. We are partners, after all. Y/N, I care about you..."

You don't let him finish, instead you interrupt him, addressing the rest of the group, "Alright, everyone, it's time to get moving." You begin to rise from your seat, and Luis releases his grip on you. Leon, on the other hand, lets out a subdued sigh.

(Timeskip - approximately 3 hours later)

You notice Luis standing nearby, so you start making your way over to him, leaving Leon, who's by your side. "Luis-" You begin to speak, but before you can say more, you feel a hand wrap around your uninjured arm.

"Y/N, stay close to me," Leon urges.

You gaze up at him, a hint of frustration in your expression. "I'm just going over there to Luis."

He glances down at you, his grip on your arm ever so slightly tightening. "Just stay close to me."

Your irritation flares and you can't contain your frustration for any longer. "What's gotten into you?" You ask but before he could reply, you continue, "You're being so clingy."

"Don't pretend like you're any better. You're acting distant," he retorts.

"I'm just focused on the mission, Leon. You should be too," you reply.

"How can I focus when you're being like this?"

You respond, your tone colder than you intended for it to be, "My behaviour shouldn't matter when our top priority is getting Ashley home safely."

Leon pauses as if he's contemplating something. "Is this about-"

But you've had enough, not letting him finish his question. "I'm done here. We're just wasting time."

You walk away from him, feeling his grip release your arm and you make your way over to talk to Ashley. As you approach, Ashley asks, her curiosity evident, "What was that all about? It looked... intense."

You let out a sigh, reflecting on your earlier behaviour. "You're right. I guess I was just being dramatic. He doesn't deserve this petty treatment."

Ashley presses further, looking somewhat concerned, "What happened?"

"It's not a big deal, really. I'm just upset with him. It happens when you care about someone who doesn't feel the same way."

Ashley continues to probe the topic gently, "How do you know that he doesn't?"

"I guess I can just tell. Enough about that, though. My focus is on getting you home safely," You assure her with a small smile.

You glance back at Leon, who appears to be inspecting a cut on his arm that you didn't notice earlier. After a moment of contemplation, you walk over to him and begin to bandage his cut up.

You finally decide to address the issue that's been weighing so heavily on your mind, "I'm sorry, Leon."

He's silent for a moment, as if lost in thought, until he responds, "We should talk."

"I agree, but later." You finish bandaging the cut and start to walk away. He grabs your hand, but you gently pull away, saying, "Later."