Boggart

We spent the whole night bingwatching a couple of movies. It was fun to be honest. Soon we fell asleep on top of each other.

The following day was a busy one but there was an unexpected announcement from old Dumbledore.

He bellowed, ''This year we will be hosting the spring ball for all students above fourth year. It was a tradition long ago but was diminished in 1941. I hope you enjoy yourselves. It is on this Saturday."

There was loud murmurs all throughout the Great Hall. Excited gasps and love birds making googly eyes at one another, not that I minded them but it was uncomfortable. Will I have anyone to go with?

"Hey, wanna be my date to the ball?" Dean Thomas asked and I was very surprised.

"Can I reply later?" He nodded understandingly. I wanted to go with the Riddle brothers. Both of them. It seemed very unusual but that's what I wanted. My mind had drifted off to all the fancy gowns I'd wear. I noticed from the corner of my eye that the brothers were having a staring contest. I shook my head at their antics and got up from my seat, making way to DADA classroom, especially my favourite subject.
We were going to face our boggarts and I was terrified of having my worst fear revealed to the entire class. Heck even I didn't know what it would be. My thoughts were racing, my hands trembling. Someone sat beside me and placed their hand on mine, interlocking our fingers. Tom. I was so glad he was here but then the seat next to me screeched and Mattheo took place. He interlockes his fingers around my other hand. I noticed how small, soft mine were compared to their calloused fingers.

Great, just great! Always stuck in the middle. The class was staring at us because now it was clear that we had something going on. Professor Cabbage- I mean Courage showed us the spell to defend ourselves. Everyone had their chance and now it was mine. I shakily went up to the front, already imagining my funny change of my fear. The boggart started shifting for a moment everyone held their breath. My long gone parents were standing before me with a look of disappointment. They told me vile things, how I failed them and exactly when they came to the topic of the Riddle Brothers, I snapped out of it and muttered the spell. It turned to a balloon animal. My turn was done! Thank god. It was going to be Mattheo's turn before the bell rang and I was sort of grateful. What I didn't know was that the brothers shared a similar fear. Me dying at the hands of their father. They knew they had to stay away from me but it was physically impossible. Damn me.