chapter 3

chapter 3

evening, august 27th, 1976

quick a/n: let's pretend they already sat and talked about the past few years, because i'm not sure what to write about that. <3

lily's POV:

me, vance, and mom we're in the living room as my mother's new careless whisper vinyl spun on the record player.. 

(let's pretend the timelines add up)

vance had taught me how to dance to slow songs when i was 5. it was one of my core memories. now here we were again, me and vance danced in the living room. he spun me a few times and i stumbled a little.

"clumsy as ever, lils.." he chuckled.

"yeah yeah, bee.." i chuckled back, vance froze.

"you remember that?" he chuckled softly and smiled. "of course, i do." i grinned.

- sydney / the mom's POV:

i see them giggling with each other. it's like no time has passed.

to be honest, i haven't seen vance like this in a long time. happy, per say.

..where'd all the time go?...

i saw my two beautiful children with each other again. it was like there never was a break, like she was always here.

sigh.

... *another mini flashback but angst*

december, 1965

third person pov.

"mama? daddy?" two small voices said. sydney and called turned around.

there they were. vance held lily as their dad packed his things up.

"lils, why don't you go to bed.." vance mumbled and put her down. "no.. i wanna stay with you, bee." vance sighed and held back tears.

she was so little. she couldn't understand.

"i know, i do too.." he pet her head. "you can sleep in my room tonight.." lily smiled and ran off.

"you can't do this to her.. or me.." vance said to his parents. "ma, i can't lose her.." he mumbled.

caleb, their father, stood their blankly. "i'm sorry, buddy.. it's not your decision."

"why can't she stay here with me?!" vance said as a few tears streamed down his cheek.

"i-.." the mother's voice broke and she turned away from the boy. "lily is leaving in 2 days.. your father is leaving tonight." she said softly.

vance froze. "nonono.. you can't do that.."

"i'm sorry, baby.." sydney sighed.

vance left the room and went into his. lily was sleeping on his bed, he turned off the light and kissed her forehead.. he got into the bed next to her and mumbled softly. "love you, lils.."

*end of flashback*

no pov.

"i think i'm going to go to bed.." lily yawned.

"remember where your room is?" vance chuckled. "yep.." lily chuckled. "g'night, lils." vance gave her a little hug. "night, vance.. night, ma.."

"good night, lily.." sydney smiled.

lily walked up to her room and looked inside... hasn't changed in 8 years..

actually no they got her a bigger mattress but besides that everything was the same.

lily sighed and changed into a tank top and shorts. she laid down and looked up at the cream ceiling. smiling,  she fell asleep

~
words: 520
💕
...

a/n: sorry the chapters are soooo short. i'm trying my best here yall 😭