chapter 2

chapter 2

august 27th, 1976

vance's POV:

it was lily's first night back. i missed her so much. i only remember when she was 7 and still loved princesses and was always obsessed with finding her prince.

she would be starting our school on monday, in 3 days. i hope she finds friends, i'm sure my friends would love her. she's basically a mini me.

*a little flashback*

november, 1968

3rd Person:

"vanceee!" a small 7 year old lily squealed as she ran in to vance's room. "what's up, lils?" her older brother said picking her up, he was always pretty strong and tall. "i lost my first tooth!" she smiled and one of her bottom teeth was missing. her gums were still red and there was a dark colored hole where the tooth was.

vance chuckled and kissed her cheek. "your mouth all sore still?" lily nodded. "a little, bee."
lily called vance 'bee' at times because at the time vance and her would go outside and look at the bees in their mother's flower garden.

"want me to get you some ice cream?" he smiled. "yes, pleaseee." the little girl said clinging to her older brother as he carried her downstairs and into the kitchen.

vance got out their favorite flavors from the freezer, vanilla and strawberry. he put some in a 2 small ceramic mug and got out spoons. he and lily sat in the living room watching star trek movies.

"thanks, bee." lily smiled.

"of course, lils." he turned the tv up a little and put his arm around his baby sister. attempting to cover up the fighting heard from their parents in another room.

*end of flashback*

lily's pov:

me, vance and our mother were sitting in the kitchen. "so what's changed since we last saw you, lily?" my mother smiled. "a lot.." i chuckled. "why don't we talk over some food? want me to order some pizza?" my mother said taking my hand across the table. "sounds perfect, ma." vance was sitting next to me. "mhm.." he mumbled, i leaned my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me.

~

words: 360
🪐
...