"Damn, must have hurt" Nick winced.

"How the hell did you get that?" Luke asked in shock.

"Fought through a horde" Y/N replied nonchalantly before taking another big bite of oatmeal.

"You what?" Nick asked puzzled. Clementine looked down and replied:

"We were in Savannah and this man tricked me into thinking he had my parents. He kidnapped me. Y/N and our friends tried to find me, but Kenny who was like a dad to Y/N... he..."

Clementine trailed off as Y/N wrapped an arm round her shoulder and said quietly:

"We've been over this Clem, it wasn't your fault. It was that assholes fault. You were just a kid."

Clementine nodded as the two men watched on. She wiped tears from her eyes and added:

"Y/N got separated from our friends. The streets were full of hundreds of walkers. Y/N fought his way through to save me with just his knife and a piece of glass."

The two men sat in stunned silence before Luke replied:

"Goddamn. Hundreds of them?"

"Clem needing savin'. After that I beat the child stealing bastard to death. You got a taste tonight, anyone who tries to hurt Clem, they don't make it too long" Y/N explained, looking to Nick as he finished.

Nick, whose eyes and nose were already bruising from Y/N's punch, said quietly:

"Hey, look. Um, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for... well, for being a dick out there. I got kinda aggro and that was definitely not cool."

"Nick's been known to go off every once in a while. Don't hold it against him." Luke chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess we all have our moments." Nick sighed.

"You definitely had one out there." Luke added.

"You were just protecting your friends. I get it." Clementine smiled.

Nick returned it, adding:

"I didn't mean to be so harsh. I just... we had a bad experience once."

"What happened?" Clementine asked.

"Nick lost his mom. We took care of someone who'd got bit."

"It was my fault. I-"

Nick was quickly cut off by Luke who continued:

"It was no one's fault. We thought we could control it, but... we couldn't. And then she turned and his mom was standing right there and she got attacked... There was nothing we could do about it."

"Anyway. Hopefully, you understand." Nick added quietly.

Y/N had been quiet the whole time. He spoke up.

"I had to give mercy to a kid that was like my brother. He was bit cos of this other asshole. I get it, Nick. We're good, as long as you never put Clem in harms way again."

Nick nodded and smiled before leaving the room.

"So, since you're pretty much on your own, what's your plan?" Luke asked with a smile.

Clementine looked at Y/N then answered:

"We're not sure. Our friends are out there but we don't know where to look. Y/N's still weak from what happened and-"

"Well, you're welcome to stay here if you want. You can let yourself heal up and take some time to sort things out." Luke spoke with a happy comforting smile. Clementine returned it and asked:

"Do you think everyone else will be okay with it?"

"They'll just have to deal with it" Luke chuckled. For the first time Y/N smiled, well more smirked, as he added:

"I like you Luke."

Before Luke could reply Pete entered the room:

"I hate to interrupt, but I'm out there standing watch and I can't help but notice this place is lit up like a goddamn beacon in the middle of the woods."

"Yeah, it's time to turn in anyways." Luke nodded.

"Get your winks while you can, 'cause we're goin' fishing at first light. A couple fresh brookies for dinner? Wouldn't that be nice." Pete smiled at the pair before leaving with Luke.

The two teens sat finishing their oatmeal as Rebecca walked into the kitchen. Her face turned into a distasteful snarl as she practically spat:

"Oh, you're still here. I wouldn't get comfortable, if I were you. Maybe you fooled everyone else, but not me."

"Don't talk to us like that." Clementine snapped, surprising Y/N who chuckled. Rebecca fired back:

"Or what? You can't pull some shit on me. I'm not my husband."

"You should watch your language if you're going to be a mom." Clementine replied with a sinister smirk. Y/N's mind was blown, he'd never seen Clem like this before. He liked it.

"You should watch your ass if you know what's good for you." Rebecca snapped.

Y/N quickly pulled his knife from his belt and placed it on the table. It was a not so subtle threat to watch her mouth. He was stunned by what Clementine said next though, completely throwing him from the menacing persona he had.

"Whose baby is it?"

Y/N's eyes widened. Rebecca choked on her saliva, snapping:

"The fuck did you say?"

"If it's not Alvin's, whose baby is it?"

Rebecca began charging over before Y/N slammed the knife into the table top, a clear signal not to try. Clementine smirked at Rebecca and added:

"I won't tell."

"I knew you were gonna be fucking trouble. I knew it" Rebecca snapped, storming out the kitchen.

Y/N looked at Clementine with a raised eyebrow and chuckled:

"Really?"

"Yep. Overheard her while I was hiding in the bathroom. Thought I would channel my inner Y/N" Clementine giggled.

Luke re entered the kitchen muttering to himself "well she's in a fine mood." He smiled at the two teens who had just finished eating and said: "come with me."

He led them upstairs and opened a door with a double bed.

"Here you two can take my room, I'll crash on the couch in Nick's room"

"You sure man?" Y/N asked. Luke nodded and added:

"Yeah, as long as you two are ok sharing?"

"That's no problem, we do most nights, thank you Luke" Clementine said happily. Luke chuckled and said goodnight after Clementine dragged Y/N in by the hand.

"Can you believe this? Our own bed?" Clementine said happily.

"Can't remember the last time we had one" Y/N replied.

The two quickly took off their shoes and got under the blankets, Y/N closest to the door as Clementine pulled his arm over her shoulder and hugged it tight.

"Good night, Y/N. I'm really glad you're ok now."

"Good night Clem. I'm really glad you stabbed me a bunch of times" Y/N chuckled, quickly feeling sleep over take him.