𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

*  *  *

𝐢𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐞 , 𝐛𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫

𝐢𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐞 , 𝐛𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 .

┌─⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┐

𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 .

└─ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─┘

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

despite the rather extensive menus that sat in front of them, neither of the men seemed to have a very strong appetite. in fact, the only thing the two possessed at the moment was a spirit of exhaustion that weighed heavily on the duo who sat shoulder to shoulder, silent of any words as they simply wallowed in each others presence. indigo, especially could not bring himself to words lest he worsen his already swollen eyes that correlated with the emotional ruin that seemed swirl so deeply inside of him, regret, pain, joy, guilt and relief all making for a rather contradictory feeling that the rather emotionally void man had never even given himself a chance to experience, and now that it had overflown in such abundance he couldn't help the weakness of his own state as he simply stared down at his shoes.

"i'm sorry." he once again apologized, his trembling voice heavy with the weight of genuine sorrow as he tried to lighten up, looking over at the korean with a smile. "i ain't mean to ruin dinner."

"ruin?" jae questioned, directing his somewhat removed stare from the chandelier utop the domed ceilings down to the blonde next to him who's brown orbs twinkled softly with the remnants of tears. "i think this was the best dinner i've ever had. we have a son."

the words seemed to fall upon indigo like raindrops from a unforeseen branch utop one's head, dropping down on him with coldly vivid flashes of emotion that only filled his almond-shaped eyes with tears- except for the first time in his life, they were tears of relief- of such unspeakable joy it nearly terrified him to contain, still doubtful of not the man, but of himself- of the thought of doing something wrong. tears dripped from indigos downward eyes, attracted up only by the hand jae slipped into his shaking, clammy one.

"don't cry, baby. you'll hurt your eyes."

indigo could barely stand to look over at the man who gently caressed his face, wiping his tears softly, presenting him a neutral, almost absolute expression clothed in the seriousness of his own intent in which the scarred, untrusting man could only extract honesty from. indigo's apprehensive black orbs finally met jae's, who continued to wipe every single tear from his face.

"i have you." jae said softly, continuing to wipe tears from the shaking man's face. "i have angel. i will never let my family go. i will never let you go, indigo. not again. i promise. i promise i'll never let you go. i told you then. i'll tell you now. i don't care how long it takes. he's never going to hurt you again, xiomara, never."