Chapter 2 - Final Sail

-----

His eyes shone as he sat on the figurehead of the Thousand Sunny. The last island was just in front of his eyes. Luffy held his hat on his head as the wind fluttered. They docked near a beach and went onto the land. The Straw Hats stood in silence as they stared at the island. Luffy was the first to even make some sound. But what he did surprised the others. He scoffed.

"Pfft!" He held his hat and started to laugh. They smiled too. "Oi! Hahaha! Guys!" He turned to them with a finger pointing at the island. He had tears in his eyes. "There's nothing here, hahaha!" He laughed. They started to laugh too. 

"Come on!" Nami whined. "Where's the money!" Zoro was shaking his head. Sanji lit a cigarette.

"This is unexpected." He said. His hair was much longer than he had about 5 years ago. The blonde locks were now reaching to his shoulders.

"L-Luffy, maybe it's a trap!" Usopp panicked. Luffy held his stomach.

"Aaaaah! Trap?!" Chopper held onto Usopp's leg, trembling. 

"There's nothing here, ahyahahaha!" He fell on the sand. "It's so funny!"

"Does that mean Roger saw the same?" Jinbe asked. Robin was smiling.

"It looks like this is the last island." She said and moved further to the island. They followed her. Luffy wiped his tears.

"Oi, Robin." He trailed to her side, curiously. She looked back at them and smiled, she then looked at Luffy.

"Are you disappointed, Captain-san?" 

"Nuh!" Luffy shook his head. 

"To think this place was just a normal island." Franky said.

"Maybe that's the charm of it, yohoho!" 

"I am disappointed!" Nami interjected. "There was supposed to be gold, treasure, money!" She huffed.

"All you care about is money, witch." Zoro murmured.

"What did you say to Nami-san!" Sanji jumped on Zoro and kicked him, Zoro taking out his swords and blocking the attack.

"Stupid love cook!" Zoro huffed. The rest of the crew was looking at them. Nami shook her head. They just left them and moved around the forest again. Luffy trailed somewhere and was already lost, following a path of something that seemed to lead him somewhere. He found himself in front of an entrance to a cave. 

"Ohh~!" His eyes sparkled. Luffy entered the cave, darkness surrounding him. He walked through a smooth path until he didn't notice a hole in the ground. He fell inside.

"AHHHH!" He held onto the wall with his legs and hands but he was still sliding down. At the end of the hole he stopped just above a spike near his crotch. He breathed in relief and jumped around the spikes onto the ground. He looked up and saw that the hole was really deep. Luffy could just jump up and land at the top, but where's the fun in that. He placed his straw hat on his head and started to walk in some direction, looking around. 

"This is a big cave, hoo." He commented. As Luffy walked, he saw a light, shining and inviting him. He followed it. At the end of the path he went through a vine wall. Squeezing through it and stepping onto the ground after it. He looked up and his eyes widened. There was a wall full of writings he couldn't read. The wall was as big as Sunny. The writings went all around the place, surrounding him with the unknown. He stared at the writings. Luffy's clothes then suddenly started to turn white, he looked at himself. His hair then turned white as well. 

"Eh? Why'd my gear got out, I didn't do anything?" Luffy asked with his head tilted. He looked up and almost startled himself. The writings changed. He could now...read them. "What the..." He blinked. It was as if these inscriptions affected his fruit. He stepped closer. His pink eyes scanned the writings. 

They were about Nika. The sun god. The one writing was Joy Boy. He said something about freeing the slaves and protecting villages from bandits. Luffy read that those two were the ones responsible of Liberation and Freedom of others. That this was their obligation. That they were chosen by people. Luffy stared and then looked down. He was the Joy Boy now. He was now responsible of freeing the others. He clenched his fists. The gear faded from his body, white colour changing to original. He doubted himself. How could he be the one representing Liberation itself. He couldn't save others. He couldn't save...the most important person in his life from an accidental fate. His lip trembled as he, again, remembered the fatal day. 

Luffy exited the cave with a frown.

The One Piece itself remains a mystery from the world. Does the crew themselves know what is it? Surely they do.

After much time of venturing, exploring, running, laughing, his Observation Haki noticed something far away. They were here. He ran through the forest to the beach and Sunny. The crew was running after him. 

"Let's get out of here!" Nami exclaimed as they were on the deck.

"What's that?!" Sanji shouted, looking over the railing. Jinbe rotated the helm.

"The world government!" He answered. Their eyes widened. The Sunny moved as the clouds turned into cyclones. The water whirled and almost sucked them in but they managed to avoid the whirlpools. Usopp looked through his spyglass. He was met with a shadow figure on one of the ships. He trembled in fear as the shadow showed only one red eye. He couldn't move as he was too afraid. Something almost hit the sniper but Luffy jumped on him, getting him out of aim.

"Usopp!" He exclaimed. Usopp had an arm over his eyes.

"Luffy..." His voice cracked. Luffy frowned, but before he could get some sense into him, something hit the Sunny.

"Franky!" Luffy exclaimed. The blue haired cyborg quickly went to the under decks. "Get us out of here!" The captain exclaimed.

"Everyone hold themselves! Coup de Burst!" He shouted and the ship shot into the air. The ships of the World Government stayed near the Laughtale. The shadow figure clenched its fists.

"Luffy..." Nami came down the grass deck. The captain was sitting on the bench around the mast. He was looking down. Hat over his eyes. The crew stood there in silence. 

"Lu-" Zoro wanted to say but was stopped by Luffy standing up. He was still looking down but they could see his face. He smiled.

"Everyone, we did it." He smiled widely. The crew sighed in relief. 

"You scared us!" Nami exclaimed, hitting him over the head and Luffy wondered what he did.

"So..." Sanji puffed a smoke. "What's now?" Luffy smiled and looked up with his hands in the air.

"Party!"

What happened on the island and what stayed there still do be a mystery. The world government, hiding the truth from the world since the last 8 centuries. The Straw Hat's do know the truth. They do know the history. 

Robin's dream came true. Nami's still in progress as they still haven't visited every island. Their dreams are still there. Zoro, Sanji, Usopp, Chopper, Brook, Jinbe. Some of them managed to accomplish their dreams. For example Franky's dream to have his ship sailed to the last end of the world did come true. But he won't leave the crew, how could he? They were his friends and family. The others have the same feeling. Now that Luffy will officially be announced The Pirate King they can't leave him. They will be there for him as he will be there for them and their dreams. 

Yet we all know that Luffy's dream is something completely different from the goal he set in the first years of his life. His true dream is yet to come true.

-----

I don't know how to write anymore ( T∀T)

Who am I, what am I ( ・_ゝ・)