Prologue

-----

Time passes. Like always. As stars will always shine on the night sky, as the sun will always bright up the world at the beginning of the day. People stay the same too. They crave fighting, wars, fame and power. Never satisfied, hungry for more and vain. There are those who change something. Who change not only themselves but others around too. But there are few of them in the wide world. That's why, when they change something, it impacts the rest.

If we go through the clouds, further down, we can be met with various things. Landscapes, mountains, oceans, people. Although, that's not all. Go further and be met with a campfire, shining in the dark night. Forest and a hum of leaves being moved by the wind. So are the voices of the humans on the beach. Dancing, drinking, cooking, singing and sleeping. One particular man, lying on the sand, straw hat covering his face, leg crossed up on the other, chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm. Up and down. Black hair fluttering under the hat in the wind that just went by the group of people. One ship anchored at the end of the beach. The hat moved a little from the man's face, revealing a closed eye and a scar under it. Yet, as the slumber of the person continues, it doesn't seem peaceful. Unsteady breathing of the air in his chest starts moving him up. His eyebrows frown and his crossed leg falls on the ground. He opens his eyes, sweat running down his temple.

"Luffy, you okay, man?" A man with green hair and a bottle of what seems like booze, stood above the black-haired one, named Luffy. His eyes travelled to him.

"Yeah..." He answered and sat up, his red vest covered in sand he dusted off. The green-haired man sat down beside Luffy. They sat in silence. "Zoro..." Luffy started again. The green-haired man turned his head to him, now known as Zoro.

"Something's up?" He asked, concerned. Luffy looked blankly at his hands on his lap, he didn't seem to realise someone answered him. "Luffy?" Zoro repeated. Luffy jolted up.

"Yeah! Sorry, Zoro, I was lost in thoughts." Luffy caressed the back of his head.

"You were thinking about something?" Zoro joked, Luffy just smiled weakly.

"Remember when we first met?" He asked suddenly. Zoro raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, in the Navy base. You saved me." Zoro stirred his bottle of booze.

"Shishi!" Luffy giggled, remembering the memory. Zoro looked back at him.

"What's with it?"

"I am just glad I have you guys." Luffy smiled and answered. Zoro sweatdropped.

"What's up, Luffy. You're different." Zoro points at him with his bottle. Luffy raises his eyebrows.

"Am not!" He answers.

"Yes. You. Are." Zoro points the bottle closer. Luffy moved his head from it or more from the smell of it. He sighed, looking down.

"Just...now we only need to sail to the last island...it just doesn't feel like time passed at all." Luffy finally said, looking out to the ocean. Zoro was stunned. He never thought he would hear something like this from his oblivious captain. He took a sip of his drink. He then stopped and opened his mouth.

"But...that just means we did it." Zoro turned his head to his captain. A small smile appeared on the green-haired man's mouth. "We made our dreams come true." Luffy's eyes widened as he listened to his words. He looked down with a smile, placing his hat back on his head. He nodded. Zoro laid on his back, closing his eyes.

Luffy was still sitting, his eyes glued on the ocean that was reflecting the moon. His own eyes shone with its light. His mind ventured further and deeper. His memories flooded his head. This. This is what it all led to. His mouth opened and then closed. He just breathed the air. It seemed like the rest of his crew stopped their dancing. He glanced at the fire and saw only two people standing. Sanji, his cook and Robin, his archeologist. Sanji was ending what he was preparing, not wanting to waste the food and Robin was drinking tea in peace with closed eyes.