ISSUE 7: The Heart of a Hunter!

Comenzar desde el principio

Ben soon heard his phone ringed and it was Dr. Octavius calling him. He answered and the costumed vigilante was bombarded with a lot of loud and fast questions on the other end.

"Alright. Slow down, Otto," Ben sighed. "I'm gonna need you to slowly repeat what happened."

THE ATOMIC RESEARCH INSTITUTE

"We've been compromised!!" Otto shouted directly in Ben's face much to the older security guard's irritation.

Octavius was in a state of constant distress after discovering that his laboratory was ransacked as a vault door was torn off its hinges.

"Do you even have an inside voice?" Ben rubbed his temples to soothe his nerves.

"What was taken from you, Otto?" Cassandra asked straight to the point.

"Someone has stolen a Rand-Meechum System right from under me!" Otto loudly answered.

Phineas Mason aka Micro whistled at the brand name. "A Rand-Meechum?"

"You know what it is, Micro?" Ben asked as he wanted to know what was so special about this specific stolen good.

"It's probably one of the most sophisticated supercomputers on the Eastern Seaboard," Phineas answered as he was quite knowledgeable about this sort of technology.

"Who could've done this?!" Otto shouted while putting both hands on his head.

Ben motioned his head over to Callisto. "Cally, if you will?"

Callisto nodded as she sniffed through the air with her superior senses and managed to get something which made her feel disgusted. "Saltwater and rust. Whoever these guys were must've come from the deepest depths of the ocean."

"The Rand Corporation entrusted this valuable piece of equipment to me. Only a few people knew that I have acquired it and someone had to have access into this building," Otto paced back and forth and suddenly stopped right in front of the group. "That's how I know that there is a traitor among us."

As soon as Otto said that, Adrian Toomes came into work with a big grin spread across his face.

"Morning, Doc! How did your date went-" Adrian's eyes widened when he saw the current state of the laboratory. "What in the world happened here?! Did a twister hit this place?"

Otto walked quickly up to Adrian's face. "I should've known that it was only a matter of time before you resorted back to your old tricks, thief!"

"You think I did this?!" Adrian asked as he was offended by the doctor's accusation.

"I'm more inclined to believe so," Otto glared at his newest employee.

"That's preposterous! It couldn't have been me besides I was busy moving in to my new place last night," Adrian tried to defend himself.

"A likely story," Otto said with skepticism.

"The security cameras were also disabled on the night of the break-in, and they were turned back on a few moments later," Micro told the group while trying to go over the footage.

Otto focused his attention over to Ben. "Why aren't you stepping up and doing your job properly, Benjamin?!"

"I watched a man get vaporized in his own car last night so forgive me if I'm not at my best this morning," Ben growled as he got up in the scared scientist's face.

Cassandra sighed in annoyance and used her power of telepathy to roll her chair over to the men. "If you men are done with your shouting matches then perhaps I could shed some light on this situation."