ISSUE 6: Sands Through The Hourglass!

Earth-636

OSBORN PENTHOUSE

"You have reached the Sanctum Sanctorum. I'm currently away on very important business. If you have any urgent news then please leave your message at the tone."

Harry patiently listened to Quentin Beck's voicemail and proceeded to leave a message as he was hoping to get in contact with the Sorcerer Supreme himself sooner.

"Beck, you said that you needed five days and guess what? They're already up. Call me back if you found anything," Harry left his message and hung up the phone.

Harry sat down on his recliner chair in the living room as he had just got back to the mansion after taking a trip down Westchester county to pay a short visit to Electro's cell at the Ravencroft Institute.

Flashback

A Few Hours Ago...

RAVENCROFT INSTITUTE

Spider-Man sneaked his way back into the institute and was in front of Randy Robertson's specialized holding cell that was electrical proof. Electro had a look of indifference that was plastered on his face while sporting an inhibitor collar around his neck.

"Hmm. Someone should call an exterminator because there's a huge pest problem right in front of me," Randy taunted.

"Why did you surrender so easily?" Spider-Man narrowed his eyes expecting a straight answer from him.

"It was four against one and my chances of winning were slim to none," Randy casually shrugged.

"There has to be a reason," Spider-Man said as he wasn't sure what Electro was getting at.

"Do you remember the time when we first fought?" Randy asked while staring straight at the wall-crawler.

"How could I forget? I defeated you with only a pair of rubber gloves that I got from the science lab at Midtown High," Spider-Man recollected.

"...Right. You "defeated" me. I will always remember that day when you showed up. I was prepared to finish off the stragglers of Tombstone's fallen gang as their numbers were dwindling so I had to act fast. In a perfect world, we could've been a great team. What a fool I was...

"When we first met, I saw you swinging over to me and I thought you were gonna back me up. Imagine my shock when you started to beat me within an inch of my life. My face may have been bruised and battered but I could never forget those eyes. You were planning on killing me that day were you?" Electro asked.

"I'm not a killer," Spider-Man said.

"You can try to deny all you want but those eyes don't lie," Electro casually said.

"You claimed that the Big Man was at the gala. Why don't you try to cooperate with us and tell us who he is?" Spider-Man questioned.

"Because I already had dibs on deep frying him. It won't matter as Doc Ock is cooking up somethin' for you," Electro stated.

"And where is he while you were left to rot in here," Spider-Man retorted while sighing. "I'm trying to help you. I really am. Maybe Doctor Jameson can still try her best to save you from yourself."

"It's too late for guys like me," Electro bluntly said.

"It's never to late," Spider-Man countered.

After long paused silence, Electro look at the clock on the wall as it was about to signal that it was close to morning.

"Visiting hours are over. It's best that you make like a tree and leave because last time I remember that the orderlies still don't take kindly for you being here," Randy suggested as he motioned his hand over to the clock mounted on the wall.