Chapter 44

Lexi's POV

I wake up to my alarm going off. I notice something heavy on my side. It is just Jake's head. I kick my feet which hit him in the stomach and wake him up. "Hey!" he says.

"Time to get up." I say. We get up and get ready for school. I put on a black tank top and a pair of camo shorts. My signature outfit. I also put on a pair of black combat boots. I grab my devil snap-back. "Hey Jake, want to have some fun?" I shout.

He comes in through my open door. "What do you have planed?" he asks.

I tell him my plan. He thinks it's a good plan. We grab the boys telling them we have to stop at the store. We text our gangs to were their outfits and bring a skateboard. We head straight to Walmart.

We get silly string cans, mini confetti cannons, spray chalk cans, bubble guns, streamers, pop-its, booby trap fireworks(the thing where you pull the strings and hear a bang), and bags of candy. We checkout and head to the boys school. we drop them and head to school.

When we get out of the car our gangs walkover. We show them what we bought. We fill them in on the plan. We separate the things and head to class. We booby trap lockers and doors and spray the walls with chalk. We through candy at people. Teachers yell at us to take off our hats. We don't listen.

By the time we meet up to have some fun we have thousands of funny stories. We get on our skateboards and wait. When the bell rings we spray, through candy and streamers and pop its, blow bubbles, and cover every thing in confetti. The whole school follows us shouting.

We stop when we get to our cars. Everyone goes off on their own. We drive to pick up the boys and head home to watch the outsiders even though the book is better.

My mom's going to a party held by Jake's family at a lake house so she isn't going to get home until some time tomorrow. The boys are at a friend's camp-out. Jake and I watch The Outsiders and eat Chinese delivery. We then swim in the pool and skate. We then shower, not together, and watch more movies. We booth fell asleep at 2:45.

My mom gets home at 10:45 the next day and finds us asleep. She wakes us up and asks what time we fell asleep. We say almost 3 am. Jake goes to get our brothers. When he leaves my mom sits down with me to talk.

"Are you two a 'thing'?" she asks.

"Kinda." I say.

"Do I need to explain to you my rules for dating?"

"No, I know."

"Ok. Does your dad know."

"No, I'll tell him when we face-time on Sunday."

"You better."

"Ok mom, can I go now?"

"Yes"

I go to my room and change in to black work out shorts with white trim that are about thumb length. I put on a black Nike pro shorts with Nike written in white on the left leg and gray tie-dye Nike pro bra. Drew comes home a few minutes latter. I text Jake

Me: Hi

Jake: hey

Me: when should we tell the gang about us

Jake: @ the race

Me: OK

Me: my mom knows

Jake: ok

Jake: liam told my parents

Me:K later

Jake: bye

I plug in my headphones and stick my phone in the waste band of my shorts. I put one ear bud in my ear and yell to my mom I am going on a run. I open up the garage and head out. I see Jake shooting hoops shirtless. It's like 105 degrees out. I walk to the end of the driveway. I am turning on my music when I feel Jake staring at my ass. I turn smile then jog down the street. I slowly speed up to a run. I run 3 miles to the park. Run a mile through the park on a jogging trail. Then run 2 miles back. It takes about 45 minutes.

When I get back I see Jake still shooting hoops but joined by some members of his gang. They are a sweaty and shirtless. I unplug my head phones and turn off the music and grab a super soaker and fill it up. By the way my phone is in a life proof case. I sneak over and spray them.

"Hey!" they shout.

I continue to spray them. Jake starts to come at me. I start running and continue to spray. His friends follow. I stop spraying them and run. Jake catches up and throws me over his shoulder. One of his friends grabs the super soaker.

"Put me down!" I shout.

Jake sets me down while another friend holds me still. Some one hands him the gun.

"Don't." I say.

He smiles then sprays me in the face.

"I hate you." I say.

"No you don't." he says.

I punch him in the arm.

"Ow, that hurts."

I glare at him. "I'm sorry." he says, "but you looked hot."

I punched him again.

"Ow. How can you punch so hard?"

I shrug."Do you forgive me?" he asks.

"Maybe"

He kisses me. "How about now?"

"Yes."

"Dude what was that?" one of his friends asks.

"I like her."

"She's a nerd."

"Have you seen her tattoos? she's the leader of the Black Widows." Jake says.

They look shocked. I take a picture of their faces.

"Your faces were priceless." I say.

"Your Lexi?" someone asks at the same time some asks, "Your Devil"

"The one and only."

"She's your neighbor?" they ask Jake.

"Yes, don't tell the rest I'll do that. Got it?"

They nod and head back to Jake's. He gives me one last kiss before they go back to their game. I head in side to shower and change into my race clothes.

******************************************************************************

When I am done in the shower I put on a thin black crop top, black sports bra, camo shorts, combat boots, and my snap-back. I drive my Corvette to the garage where I get into my black mustang that I added a supercharger to. I drive to the abandoned airport where I am going to meet up with my gang, Jake's gang, and some gang that a member of Jake's gang's sister is in. I can't remember the name. I think one other gang might come but I don't know for sure.

****************************************************************************

Happy Summer