three

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

────── ──────

"Arms up." Esme instructed, causing the Salzar-Roberts girl's arms to quickly shoot outward, allowing the smaller girl to take her measurements.

"Esme!" Melissa, another girl helping with costumes called from the other side of the clothing rack.

"Give me one second." Esme sent Nini an apologetic smile before she popped her head around the rack. "Yeah?"

"I'm trying to find Chad here, a costume but he's literally rejecting everything I suggest." Melissa explained, causing Esme to glance at the gray shirt in the girl's hand.

"That will make him look 20 years older, guaranteed." Esme spoke, causing the Caswell boy to sigh in relief as the girl quickly pulled another shirt from the rack, holding it up to the boy's chest. "It's all about color matching."

"Finally, someone who knows what they're doing." EJ muttered.

"Thanks, Esme." Melissa smiled, causing the girl to nod.

"No problem." Esme grinned before making her way back over to Nini. "Sorry about that."

"No, don't worry about it." Nini waved the girl off with a chuckle, lifting her arms back up. "So how long have you been into fashion?"

"Ever since I was a baby, I guess." Esme recalled, measuring the girls waist and hips. "I would go to every fashion show with my mom and I just fell in love. When'd you get into the theater?"

"Ninth grade. Funny story, the old drama teacher asked me to be a fork for Beauty and the Beast and I guess I fell in love with it ever since. I've been in every production since-- only in the background tho." Nini explained, letting out a light chuckle. "It wasn't till this summer that I got my first leading role after the actual lead came down with salmonella."

"Such a sweet story." Esme smiled, causing them both to chuckle. "Alright, all done."

"Thank you." Nini sent the girl a small wave before making her way to Kourtney.

"My turn!" Lilly excitedly exclaimed, taking Nini's place, holding her arms wide open, causing Esme to chuckle.

────── ──────

It's the first day of read throughs and Esme could tell Zay's nerves were getting the best of him.

"I mean what if I accidentally read the wrong line or pronounce a word wrong and sound like an idiot?" Zay rambled as the trio made their way to the bomb shelter.

"You can't sound like an idiot if you are an idiot." Lilly jokingly said, causing the boy to give her a serious face. "I'm just kidding Z. We've watched the movies like 5 trillion times, you know this stuff inside out."