32 - Brave Hero

SONG REC: "LOST ME" - STRAY KIDS

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

As the sounds quieted, Lee Know could hear his members shouting. He leaned forward but still, could not hear. Footsteps stomped down the stairs into his room. When the members walked in...

Lee Know's heart dropped. And shattered.

Felix had Yun in his arms. There was blood all over her beautiful face. He could not pull his eyes away. He could not breath, blink, or talk. He wasn't even sure if his heart was beating.

Her attacker had reopened the wound on her already blind eye. He had never seen her without her eyepatch before, but he couldn't care less in this moment.

Whoever had touched her would suffer a very slow, painful death.

She was convulsing. Seungmin and Han placed her on the bed beside Lee Know's and checked for broken bones. After a quick scan,  they started wrapping a bandage around her face before gently moving her onto her stomach.

There was a wound in her back, located almost exactly at her heart.

Lee Know forced himself to stand up and went over to her, despite the protests from his body.

NO, his brain screamed.

He shook all over, not even realizing that he was shouting random bursts of words.

Changbin slapped him, making him sober up. "Minho, you're making the medics panic. Stop."

"How can I stop when Yun–"

"You will stop so we can properly treat Yun. Please," he added softly.

Lee Know took deep three breaths before responding. His hands stopped shaking. "Okay. Fine."

Felix was plugging wires from the machines into her as Seungmin tried to stop the blood from flowing out. The two worked together in frantic harmony. Han forced all the other members out so that they had room to work.

"Minho, please leave."

"No," he said, and Han knew better than to argue.

He gave a tense nod. "Then, please do not distract us or interact with us in any way. Stay seated in the corner." Lee Know followed instructions without a single word of protest.

Seungmin cut a slit down her shirt, baring her skin. Lee Know's breath hitched in his throat.

I should've told her I loved her, I should've hugged her more, I should've given her more attention, I should've forced her to stay with me, I should've–

He looked down at the floor and saw a tiny puddle. Wiping at his face, he realized that he was crying. He hadn't cried since the first day he was sold into slavery.