01 - The Recruitment

SONG REC: "VENOM" - STRAY KIDS

🕸🕸🕷🕸🕸

AUGUST 13TH

His pencil clattered to the floor for the fourth time in that minute.

"God," Lee Know groaned, leaning down to grab it once again. Rubbing at his eyes, he looked at the clock. It was seven at night. "I need a drink," he mumbled to himself.

He stood up and stretched, audibly cracking his back and neck. He kicked his chair out of the way and pulled on his coat. He would hurry to the liquor store.

None of the members questioned him as he exited his room.

"Finally out of your room, huh?" Han taunted, eyes remaining on the TV. "When are you going to relax?"

Lee Know ignored him and left.

Outside the inconspicuous building, he took a deep breath, clearing his head. He had a headache and knew liquor wouldn't help much, but he needed something to loosen up.

Although it was only seven at night, the streets were dead-empty. Of course, in this part of Korea, no sane person would walk around outside right now, unless they wanted to be robbed, kidnapped, or killed. It was common with the amount of gangs lurking around.

A sane person would stay home. Fortunately – or unfortunately – Lee Know was sane. Everybody else just knew better than to mess with him, the boss of the deadliest gang in Korea: Stray Kids. Despite that, he still wanted to keep a low head and avoid attracting attention, so he stayed within the shadows.

He turned the corner into what appeared like an empty alley, when a flying body made him hit the ground.

"What the fuck?" he shouted, as his head knocked against cement.

It didn't hurt, but he was certainly surprised as his body made contact with cement.

"Leave!" the person screamed, punching him. The voice was feminine, but deep and violent.

He quickly flipped the person onto their back and straddled them. Pressing their arms against the floor, he tried to absorb as many details about the person as he could.

Long, black hair, almost my height, unhealthily skinny, and an eyepatch on their left eye. Several bruises. No possessions around except for a backpack hidden in the shadows. Wearing multiple layers, as if to lighten the load in the backpack.

The person continued squirming, and he maintained an even tighter grip on their wrists.

"Let me go, please," the person begged, "I'm just some random street girl." She was no longer using a deep voice. It was light and smooth, and he noted this as well.

He could no longer ignore the trembling throughout her body. She didn't seem to have targeted him nor realized who he was, so he decided she wasn't going to kill him.