An Unwanted Team

En başından başla

The fangirls are total masochists...

She let her eyes roll away from Sasuke's cold gaze.

Sakura's mouth opened as if she wanted to protest at her decision, though her impatience got the best of her. After Naruto had suddenly shouted something at Sasuke, Kazumi watched as Sakura's attention immediately spun back to the boy's as she pushed Naruto's face down into the seat to lean closer towards the Uchiha.

"ARG—MMPH— "

"Sasuke-kun," Sakura spoke in a sweet tone, "can I sit next to you?" She asked, ignoring Naruto's pained groans as his face was squashed against the hard wooden bench.

Yikes...

Kazumi observed with a grimace as Naruto had winced in pain from Sakura's abrupt action.

He then pushed himself back up, now glaring harshly at Sasuke who sat a distance away next to him. He, too, shared a rivalry with him - though, that 'rivalry' was ridiculous compared to Kazumi and Sasuke's.

It was almost laughable if you had witnessed it as Kazumi did during the very first years of the academy.

Sakura managed to sit beside Sasuke, patting the empty space on the other side for Kazumi to take. She could only frown when seeing Kazumi's opposing reaction.

Kazumi had shook her head at Sakura, waving the disappointed Haruno off to sit at her usual spot in the back.

Judging by the way Naruto looked like he was about to explode at any second, Kazumi made the safe decision to stay out of it. She didn't have time for silly antics and thus made herself comfortable in the seat next to a familiar presence.

Just when she had begun to tune her attention towards the window, loud shocked noises from dozens of students gasping made her eyes snap back to the three ahead of her. Naruto had his lips pressed against Sasuke's. And from Kazumi's angle, it looked like the blonde boy had forcefully pushed himself onto Sasuke.

On cue, a bunch of girls screamed, enraged by this - including Sakura.

Kazumi's eyebrows flattened at the chaotic scene, now curling her bottom lip down into a frown.

The Nara, who sat beside her, wore the same expression. Except it was groggy from being abruptly stirred awake. He even had to take a quick glimpse at Kazumi to confirm that what he was seeing was real.

Naruto was immediately jumped by a hoard of angry fan-girls.

In the end, he was bruised and beaten, and Sakura still won the seat next to Sasuke.

Kazumi then rested her chin against her palm, her eyebrows lifted at Sakura when the pink kunoichi turned around to flash her a wide smile and a thumbs up.

"Let's hope we're placed in normal teams." The Nara sighed out, tired.

Kazumi glanced at him, taking in Shikamaru's lazy exhaustion. His hair was a smokey black and tied up into a high and spiky pony-tail... like everyday. His dark pupils were small and his eyes were drooping.

Nara Shikamaru.

He shared the same thoughts as Kazumi. The two often found themselves exchanging understanding looks whenever something amusing or unnecessary happened inside of the classroom. If there was one person Kazumi wouldn't mind being placed on a team with; it would be him.

They oddly bonded over those facts and their mutual laziness, too.

"You'll probably be placed with Akimichi and Yamanaka, just like your parents were." Kazumi reminded him, a small smirk tugging her lips as she leaned further against her palm.