𝒙𝒊𝒗

chapter fourteen,
speed of the wind.

friday morning, april ninth.
9:48 AM, 21st cen.

tap, tap, tap,

beomgyu stared at the tap water dripping softly before him. as if he zoned out, though he knew exactly what he was looking at. meanwhile, hyunjin sat on his couch, observing him with a tired expression. he fixed his position, the sound of leather squeaking had overlapped with the sound of water in the room.

he cleared his throat, but the brunette hadn't answered. he creased his eyebrows, then tried a second time, in a slightly louder tone.

still, no reaction.

"um, i think you should sit down. i'm not sure if staring at water's going to help with anything." he said.

beomgyu only groaned, before finally turning around as he'd been covering his face, "god, what if he's visiting?..." he spoke, but within his words, he'd paused with a petrified look on his face. "um," the blonde looked at him in utter perplexity, "...i'm sorry?" he blurted, his brows furrowing instantly, "he's what?"

beomgyu's hand threw itself over his mouth, his mouth jumbling muffled messages while hyunjin only stared perplexedly. "did he not tell you about...?" beomgyu scratched his head.

"about who?"

"about, you know..."

hyunjin raised an eyebrow, furrowing both at the same time, "no, i don't know. who?"

"...it's nothing, don't worry about it. i'm sorry." beomgyu apologized, swallowing up his words as his throat laced with an aching feeling of regret.

"um, what time is it?" he attempted to change the subject. hyunjin gazed at him with suspicion, his eyes narrowing in a slightly vicious manner, yet he brushed it off and softened his look. "it's almost ten, why?"

"let's go somewhere, yeah?"

hyunjin gave a bewildered expression, before chuckling and answering, "you sound like chan hyung. yeah, sure."

"