𝒊𝒊𝒊

chapter three,
the son of a jailed madman, the father of a free spirit.

sunday evening, april fouth.
7:31 PM, 21st cen.

ni-ki heard a loud, high-pitched scream

ni-ki heard a loud, high-pitched scream. he looked at heeseung, who seemed to have been alarmed by the unanticipated racket.

they were both hiding in bushes behind some trees, and thought that taehyun could have found them by then. he didn't go too deep into the forest, did he?

"oh god, you think he's been out too long? i don't hear him at all." heeseung bit his lip, while the younger just shrugged, "i don't know, you think that scream was his?"

"no, no way. taehyun's voice may be high, but he does not scream like whatever that was." the older raven shook his head, as they both stood up and began to call for the missing boy's name.

"taehyun? taehyun!" they vociferated, putting their hands at the sides of their mouths to direct their screaming, "kang taehyun, we can stop the game, now!"

there wasn't any answer, and the two were beginning to get worried. the forest seemed extremely big, after all. "he got lost, didn't he?"

"...probably." riki shuddered, before grabbing his hyung's vest and tugging it, "we should get the others to help, we ourselves might get lost looking."

"yeah, come on, let's go."

"YAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!"

huening kai shrieked, dropping the rock he'd used to knock taehyun out. to be honest, he had no idea what he was screaming at, really. either the fact he'd just knocked someone out cold, or the fact he just got chased by someone he didn't even know.

the entire time, huening kai had been holding his breath so he wouldn't let out the most atrocious, ear-splitting scream as he ran.

"oh my god, i just killed him!" he sputtered, kneeling down and grabbing taehyun by the hair, before dropping him completely, "oh, i shouldn't hold him like that.."