Chapter 3: New Friend and Foe

As soon as I closed my eyes, I almost felt like I woke up in terror. I had the same dream that has been haunting me for years. I just curled up into a ball and looked around, to try and find out what time it was and if I had disturbed anyone because of my nightmare.
I couldn't see anyone moving around in their beds, and that it was 3 o'clock in the morning. I decided to slowly get out of bed and get a glass of water, maybe that will help me go to sleep easier. As I was on my way to get the drink, I heard someone call my name.
"Eleanore? You okay?" I heard a gentle voice ask. I just bit my tongue because she was only checking on me so I can't yell at her for calling me Eleanore. But I will correct her when I find out who it is.
"Who said my name?" I asked softly, not wanting to wake up anyone else if I don't need to.
"Hermione." She answered as she poked her head out of her bed frame.
I smiled with relief to see it was only Hermione, so I walked over to her with a small smile.
"Yeah, I'm okay. I just have these nightmares sometimes and I usually deal with them on my own. I didn't mean to wake you up, for that I am sorry." I said quietly as I sat on the edge of her bed.
"Well you did, so can you two just shut up?" Lavender Brown asked as she scowled at Hermione and I.
"Wow, sorry Lavender, I didn't realize you needed your beauty sleep that badly." I said angrily, feeling fed up with people like her who always try to bring me down.
"Whatever you say, Crazy." Lavender said as she put on her eye mask back on and went back to sleep.
"I hate her.." I said softly to Hermione as I looked up at her.
"Don't let her get to you Eleanore, she is just trying to get inside your head." Hermione said as I cringed my teeth.
"What is it?" She asked almost instantly.
"Rule one about me is never call me Eleanore, my father calls me that and he uses it since he doesn't think I'm worth more than the dirt on the ground. Draco also does it if he thinks he can get away with it. Please call me Ellie." I explained as I looked at her with a sad look in my eye.
"Oh, I am so sorry Ellie." She said quickly before wrapping her arms around me.
"Not your fault.." I said softly as I started to fall asleep in her arms.
"I should go to bed now.. night Hermione, I will see you in the morning." I said as I climbed into my own bed.
"Feel free to wake me if you need something Ellie." She said before laying down again.
"Thanks Hermione.." I said softly before falling asleep for the second time that night.