More Than Friends. | Aaliyah.

Start from the beginning

Now a confident woman navigating college life, Londyn was certain of what she truly wanted.

"Hey, I have a feeling Aayliah feels the same way about you, girl. You two have been tight since day one of high school. It's time to spill the beans!" Nyla said, urging her friend forward with animated gestures.

Londyn took a deep breath and mustered up the courage to approach Aaliyah before tossing her empty cup in the trashcan. Wiping the sweat from her palms on her jacket, trying to gather her thoughts.

She made her way through the crowded room, the pulsating music and laughter fading into the background as her focus centered on Aaliyah's radiant smile.

As she reached Aaliyah, she felt her heart pounding in her chest. Aaliyah turned towards her, her eyes lighting up with joy at the sight of Londyn.

"What's up, L?" Aaliyah greeted her, wrapping her arms around Londyn in a warm embrace. "Having a good time?"

Londyn smiled, her nerves settling as she felt Aaliyah's comforting presence. "Yeah, it's been fun. Can we talk for a moment?" she asked, her voice filled with vulnerability.

Aaliyah nodded, her curiosity piqued. She led Londyn away from the party's chaos, opening the door as Aaliyah trailed behind her, sauntering down the sidewalk as the warm breeze brushed against their skin, the night sky coated with sparkling stars loomed above them.

"How about this nearby park?" Londyn suggested, smiling warmly.

Londyn settled onto the swing set, the cool metal pressing against her hands. Aaliyah joined her on the swing next to her, a whirlwind of butterflies fluttering inside her stomach. Her heart raced uncontrollably as she caught Aaliyah's gaze filled with worry, her teeth gently tugging at her bottom lip.

"Is there something on your mind?" Aaliyah asked, her eyes filled with genuine concern.

Londyn took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts. "Aaliyah, you know how much our friendship means to me, right?" she began, her voice steady but laced with emotion.

Aaliyah nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Of course, Londyn. You're my best friend."

Londyn's heart swelled at those words, giving her the reassurance she needed. She reached out and gently took Aaliyah's hand in her own, slowly intertwining their fingers.

"I need you to know something," Londyn went on, her voice filled with sincerity. "I've been keeping this to myself for a while, but I can't hide it anymore. Aaliyah, I like you. More than just as a friend."

Aaliyah's eyes widened, surprise and curiosity in them. She didn't let go of Londyn's hand, her grip tightening slightly.

"Londyn," Aaliyah whispered, her voice barely audible. "I've been feeling the same way."

Londyn's heart skipped a beat, a rush of relief and joy flooding through her. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"You mean... you feel the same?" Londyn asked, her voice filled with hope.

Aaliyah nodded, a blush creeping up her cheeks. "Yes, I do." Londyn embraced Aaliyah warmly, and as they disentangled from the hug, she quickly brushed away the tears from Aaliyah's eyes.Their brown eyes filled with an unfamiliar tenderness, remained locked.

Londyn cupped Aaliyah's face in her hands, her touch was gentle, as their heads leaned toward one another. Their faces drew closer, the sweet aroma of vanilla filled their senses.

With a soft voice, Aaliyah whispered, "Don't be afraid to kiss me, my dear L." The words lingered on her lips, as a delicate blush crept across her cheeks.

Londyn delicately kissed her lips, while Aaliyah playfully nibbled on her bottom lip. The couple engaged in a slow and passionate lip lock, After a while, she reluctantly ended the kiss.

Their foreheads rested against each other, their heavy breaths mingling in the cool night air. They both beamed with radiant smiles, their eyes locked in a silent understanding.

"I've wanted to do that for so long," Londyn admitted, her voice filled with adoration. "I'm glad we're on the same page."

Aaliyah chuckled softly, her fingers tracing patterns on her hand. "Me too, Londyn. This feels right."

The duo rose from the swing set, they strode along the pavement, their fingers entwined while their shoes clicked on the chilly concrete, the sounds of laughter from the distant party filled the air.

Upon their entry into the college party, all the attention of the students was fixated on them, resulting in curious gazes, loud 'oohs', 'hell yeahs' and hushed conversations. Londyn felt a liberation, expressing affection by lightly kissing her partner's cheek.

A few smiles brighter than ever. They were no longer just best friends; they were each other's everything. Creating their own happily ever after.

—————
Please excuse any errors.❤️