Chapter VIII

He woke up to bright white lights above him. He slowly sat up, realizing that his arm was missing. Reality sat in as his entire left side was in burning and agonizing pain. He looked around, only for his vision to be half golden, and half clear. A black and gold mask had been placed on his face, connected to a black and gold neck-guard and mechanical arm. He remembered being struck by Ventress, but losing his arm was not something he had realized he lost. He looked to his left and saw the nurse waiting on him.

" What happened? " He asked, his voice full of confusion and worry.

" After you passed out, a grenade removed your arm from your body and severely damaged your face and chest. While your face will eventually heal, I'm afraid your arm will always be mechanical. You have been requested before the Jedi Council once you are ready. " The doctor said, placing a metallic piece on his shoulder to fasten the armor...
________________________________

" Aden, fighting Ventress alone with a fellow Padawan is beyond dangerous! You put yourself and Ahsoka in severe danger- " Master Windu began to say.

" I PUT HER IN DANGER? YOU AND THIS COUNCIL SEND CHILDREN INTO AN ACTIVE WARZONE WEEKY, SOMETIMES DAILY, AND YOU WANT TO SIT HERE AND TELL ME THAT I OF ALL PEOPLE PUT SOMEONE AS STRONG AS AHSOKA IN DANGER?? " Aden yelled, letting out his rage towards the council. His eye flickered yellow for a moment, only being noticed by Yoda himself.

" Aden, calm yourself. " Plo Koon said gently. Aden sighed and took a few deep breathes, shooting Windu a cold stare for a moment.

" We understand- " Master Windu began to say once more.

" UNDERSTAND? So you want to sit here and tell me you understand losing your arm, your chest, your neck, HALF OF YOUR FACE TO AN EXPLOSION WHILE BEING KNOCKED UNCONSCIOUS FROM A LIGHTSABER CUT?! I put my life on the line, A LITERAL CHILD, in a warzone that kills Knights and Masters all the fucking time, and you want to say you understand? YOU DONT. " Aden said, his voice full of hurt and anger. His eyes began flickering between blue and fiery orange, his anger boiling.

" You need to calm down... Now. " Master Mundi said. He wasn't rude, but he was assertive, and after a few moments, Aden calmed down a bit.

" Aden, we don't understand the physical pain, but we do understand the mental and emotional toll it can take, especially on the mind of a child... We want you to know that you can come to us with anything, as long as it is of course within the code. " Master Plo said. Aden just listened, his anger mixed with his pain and hurt.

" Well, there are things that I can't discuss with you all. Things that I think are ridiculous. " Aden said quietly.

" Ridiculous how? What do you think to be wrong or ridiculous? " Master Billaba asked.

" I'm not going to discuss it with you all. I already know what you'll say. Now, if that's all you wish to say, I'll be leaving. " Aden said. The council was silent, pondering what the boy could mean. Aden walked out of the room and into the elevator, heading back to his room...
________________________________

He sat in his bed, looking at his hand. He heard his door open and looked over, seeing Ahsoka standing before him. He looked away, not wanting her to see what he was now.

" A-Aden- Why didn't- why didn't you tell me you were out of the medical wing? I've been worried sick. " Ahsoka said, her voice echoing concern.

" Sorry I must've... Forgotten. " Aden said. His voice was weak and strained. Ahsoka sat across from him, looking at what was now the Aden she knew.

" I already know about it... I hope you'll heal quick. " Ahsoka said, trying her best to smile. Aden was silent, trying not to break down. Ahsoka also tried her best not to cry, wanting to be strong for Aden.

" I-... I was wondering if I could stay in here... With you? " Ahsoka asked, looking into the mask of her boyfriend. Aden looked up at her, a tear running down his face.

" You still want to stay with me... Even though I look like this? " Aden asked, holding his prosthetic arm in front of him.

" Aden, I didn't just love you because you looked good, I fell in love with who you were as a person. You're kind, funny, confident, strong, and even though you are behind a mask, I can still see a good bit of that handsome face I love. I'm not just going to leave you behind because you're injured. " Ahsoka said, smiling. She gasped quietly as Aden pulled her into a hug, trying his best not to sob into her shoulder. She chuckled gently and wrapped her arms around him, giving him the comfort he so badly needed...