Candy

Candy

Mew mew

"Hey I'm Cassidy Stark , 'Cassidy' means 'clever' or 'curly headed' but I'm neither of them so let's just stick with Candy

"Hey I'm Cassidy Stark , 'Cassidy' means 'clever' or 'curly headed' but I'm neither of them so let's just stick with Candy." I tried to speak with the most soft voice, to the little white kitten in a small cardboard box , next to the light pole beside the busy streets of Southern Littoral .

I crouch down with my knees stuck to my chest facing the little kitten in the box.

" what's your name ? Who left you here?......" I shower the mini creature with a strom of question while gently stroking it's fluffy body with my hand.

I know it's very impractical to even expect an answer from this little thing but still , can you blame a thirteen year old girl for that ?

I realize the tiny thing infront of me is much more tinier than I expected it to be . It's just it's soft white fur which makes it look like a cotton ball.

Is it cold ? It must be ----
But wait ! it isn't winter yet and Southern Littoral is in a coastal area , the climate here is generally  warm , even me Candy who can't tolerate a little decrease in temperature isn't feeling cold.

I remember Carl once said animals makes themselves look bigger and fluffy when they are scared. 

Yes! That must be it ....... but does that mean this little thing is scared of me ?

No it can't be true,  I'm such a cute little thing,  even the birds in our garden aren't scared of me.

I look around the area only to spot a few street dogs starring at the kitten, like some hungry wolf waiting for the lion to finish having it's stomach full so that they can jump on the leftover.

"Are you scared ?" I asked with the most concerned eyes . Which I really was .

But this time I wasn't just mumbling to myself 'cuz this time, this little kitty replied back --- "mew mew" as if saying me I'm right.

"What are you waiting for Candy? This is such a cute little thing pick it up and take it home" my mind suggested .

But no I can't do that , last time I mentioned about getting a pet, I remember my mom strictly said---

"you and your brother are already enough of a troublemaker, you think I'll allow another one? I can handle only two at a time. I'm warning you if you dare to bring a pet at home, you can start packing your bag 'cuz I'll be throwing you straight to a boarding school."

No! boarding school never .
Even the mention of this particular thing sends chills down my spine.  I'll miss my parents, my home , my friends even I'll miss my stupid elder brother Carl.

So the only way now, is to scare away the dogs.

I try to scare away the dogs making some scary faces and strange noises not just that I almost stage a very peculiar dance with the umbrella in my hand infront of all those strangers in that busy street, just to scare away those dogs.

I saw a kid passing by me with his eyes hooked at me in confusion, it wasn't just that kid, there were many other eyes staring at me , when realization stuck ,I was embarrassed to the level infinity.
I felt my cheeks growing hot , I bet it turned red may be more than my lips , and when I speak about my lips , it means something as red as strawberry.

Even after so much embarrassment the thing I was working for resulted to be a zero . Because the dogs didn't leave although I can tell they were shocked by my moves as well.

So I finally decided to have a decent meeting with the dogs , I tried to explain them 'even hurting an ant is a sin' just like the teacher explained us in our moral science class of grade two.

A truck passed by making some horrible noise.

The dogs soon dispersed to different directions and I thought they finally understood , and I managed to stop them from committing a sin. 

"Well done Candy . This meeting wasn't a bad idea ." I said to myself and finally started to head towards home .

But I was stopped again by a scared sound of the kitten...

"Meow ... meow..."

I turned back only to know that the meeting failed miserably.

The dogs were surrounding the box but before one of it could paw the kitten I made an entry like a superhero.

....... finally ended up carrying the cardboard box in my hand with the kitten.

I looked at my watch it was already four in the afternoon, the school has ended almost an hour ago, firstly I was delayed by my friends talking to them about some random stuff, next I was held by explaing this stupid dogs some moral science which they basically ignored.

I already know how angry mom would be, I checked my mobile it had a missed call from mom about half an hour ago. My mobile was silent , I didn't notice.

By now mom would be so pissed that she didn't even consider calling me twice, normally at anyother time she would have blown up my mobile with missed calls but now there's only one . The atmosphere at home must be severely dangerous and over that now I'm carrying a kitten with me .

I took in a deep breath and tried to calm my nerves.

Best of luck Candy.  Best of luck with your new life in boarding school.