|Chapter 35|

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE:

A warm smile played on Kyojuro's lips as he gently adjusted his hold, making sure (Y/N) was comfortable.

"Let's get you to bed," he whispered softly, his voice a gentle reassurance.

With careful steps, he moved toward (Y/N)'s room, his actions a reflection of the deep concern and care he held for the drunken woman in his arms.

As Kyojuro carried the slumbering (Y/N) up the steps to her room, the room behind him was filled with wide-eyed and gawking figures—those whom (Y/N) fondly referred to as her friends.

With each step, Kyojuro's gaze would inevitably drift down to (Y/N)'s peaceful face.

His heart seemed to quicken its rhythm each time she stirred in her sleep, and a soft smile would unconsciously grace his lips. The sight of her, even in her half-asleep state, held a profound effect on him.

'Ack— She looks so cute. Calm your shins, self. You can't kiss a drunken woman while walking up the stairs.'

Then, in a moment that melted his heart, (Y/N) nuzzled closer to his chest.

Her actions were driven by an instinctive need for warmth and comfort, and in her drowsiness, she seemed to have mistaken Kyojuro for a warm pillow.

A contented smile curved her lips, a serene expression that stirred emotions within Kyojuro that he couldn't quite put into words.

'Nope. Nope. Nope. I'm a goner. I'm definitely a goner— (Y/N), why do you have to be so adorable??? Stop testing my self restraints, Jebesus.'

As Kyojuro continued to navigate the path to (Y/N)'s room, his senses suddenly sharpened as he picked up the sound of footsteps approaching.

His attention shifted, and he adjusted his steps to accommodate the new presence he sensed.

Navigating the stairs and turning a corner, he was met with a surprising sight that left him both shocked and startled.

There, before him, stood a woman with her hair neatly tied up in a bun, dressed in a cozy robe adorned with kitty-themed slippers.

However, what truly caught Kyojuro off guard was the sight of her face, covered in a layer of green goop—a clear indication that she was in the midst of some kind of skincare routine.

The words escaped Kyojuro's lips before he could even fully process the situation. "Holy shit—" he blurted out, his voice laced with a mixture of surprise and disbelief.

The woman's initial surprise quickly gave way to recognition as she blinked a few times, processing the figure before her.

"Kyojuro?" she uttered, her voice tinged with a mix of curiosity and realization.

In that moment, Kyojuro's mind raced to connect the dots, and as her voice reached his ears, he felt a jolt of realization.

"Mitsuri?" Kyojuro exclaimed, his voice a mixture of shock and disbelief.