13: New Year, New Me

Taurus POV

Yay, we're back to school, how pleasant. Please note the sarcasm. I really don't want to be here and it's not fun, alright? People change...and not for the better. We arrive at the castle for our Sophomore Year and I have deja vu and not the good kind. Texts from everyone in the group chat over flood with "How was your summer?" "Are you excited for Sophomore Year?" And, "Did you finish all the necessities for the year?" However, my mind over floods with very dark thoughts which you probably do not want to hear about.

Fast forward until we hear the new announcements and there's one that got the whole school in shock: There's a new principal and that's Ophiuchus's mother. Apparently now, we have to pay rent for our dorms and the pay is by Friday or else you can't stay here. The fee we have to pay is over $2,000 and none of us have that money so the "principal" insisted we'd get after school jobs which would have us working practically all night, no sleep.

Libra and Gemini are fast friends now, especially with Sagi, which I simply don't get how you can still be friends with someone who cheated on you. Their reply was: "Oh, well, forgive and forget, right?" It's weird because how come I'm no longer friends with my ex, right? I mean, you haven't seen me going up to his locker and pretending like everything's okay and asking him how his day's going, right? Because honestly, I could care less about Scorpio right now.

Aries and Sagi are getting a little closer and I'm happy for her and she told me that she thought Sagi and Libra were still a thing but he told her that he just gets drunk all the time and that it's a habit and that he really should stop, which is why he's had so many girlfriends because he cheats on them but doesn't realize it.

Anyways, back to the important stuff, Aquarius got me a job at the most expensive yogurt shop in all of ZI (Zodiac Island): Frozen & Frosted. The uniforms are ugly, though. But at least I get to see Gemini there because she works there, too. Oh, wait, she got fired last week....never mind then. It seems like they're going to hire someone else though and I hope it's Aries because we don't really get to hang out much. 

After school, I walk into my job and get ready to start for the day, until my boss comes up to me and tells me some really big news. "We're promoting you and your new assistant that's replacing Gemini is right over here," My boss told me. I was happy I got promoted but at the same time I couldn't believe my eyes. "Scorpio?" I asked. "That's right, I'm your new assistant!" He energetically said and I roll my eyes at his annoying energy. 

"Well, good luck you two!" My boss says as he bids us goodbye. "Hey, how much will this be?" A random customer asks me. "One second, I'm doing my math homework," I reply. "Let me see that," Scorpio says. "No, give it, I'm done," I reply. "That will be about $10.35, thank you," I say to the customer. The customer gives me a surprised look and I just have my hand out for cash.

Finally, they hand me the money and they find a place to sit with their friends. So far today, I've made a total of $500 by me working here and I'll definitely have enough to pay rent for our dorms. After work, I decided to take a little walk around town so I could get things off my mind. If you're still wondering, yes, I'm still mad at Scorpio and my summer was shitty as fuck.

Why, you may ask? It's because Cancer had the audacity to go along and date him as soon as we broke up. Talk about annoying. Oh, and I know why she's doing it, too. She likes Leo, but Leo's dating Gemini, so she decided to get a glow up over the summer and date someone else to make him jealous. I gotta admit, this is one of the worst ideas she's ever had.

Also, a lot of times I'd sneak out to go into the woods and these boys would go on and bully me, luckily I'd win every roast battle they'd challenge me to. But those things aren't even the worst things about my shitty summer. The worst thing about my summer is that suddenly everyone stopped talking to me and just completely ignored me. It was like I wasn't even there and it really did suck.

But enough about all those shitty things, it's time to focus on reality, where I can currently find myself in another pretty shitty situation. But all of a sudden my phone rings. Who the fuck would be calling me right now? 'It's a blocked number'. I thought. 'It must be Scorpio'. I think. I answer the phone and say, "What?" in a harsh tone. "Where are you?" He replies. "And why would I tell you that, Mr. Nosy?" I reply in an even harsher tone. 

"No worries, I can just track your phone, then," Scorpio replies. "Okay, Mr. Stalker," I reply sarcastically. "I'm kidding," He says chuckling. "Why do you wanna know where I am anyways? We're not even friends," I ask. Silence surrounds the sky. "Cancer's throwing this big party and asked me to invite you," Scorpio says.

"Does it mean I'll come, no," I say. "Please....she really needs some more people to come," Scorpio replies. "See, I know you're just lying," I reply. "Damn, how'd you know?" He asked. "Why don't you figure it out, Smartypants?" I sarcastically said. "Whatever, so you'll come?" Scorpio questioned. "Fine, whatever," I reply. "Yay! Ttyl!" He responds with an outburst of energy. I'm not convinced that Cancer wanted me to be there, we're in the middle of a rivalry, so that's really weird. Maybe he wanted me to be there?

I laugh and sigh. That could never happen because why would he want me to be there? I mean, we broke up a few months ago and we've never been even friends since then. Weird....really weird......