Part 15 : Assurances

Start from the beginning

"Agar mai aapko bolta mujhe music seekhna hai toh aap maan jaate?"

Ayaansh looked down as he completed. He didn't even realise how futile the question was. His brother had fulfilled his wish without him voicing it out and he was questioning if he would have done the same, had he voiced it out before! It was his desperation to believe that his wishes were actually being acknowledged. Something that had never happened before!

"Tujhe shaq hai?" Arnav made him look up. "Tujhe lagta hai tu apni ichcha batayega aur mai use pura nhi karunga?"

Ayaansh didn't say anything. He wasn't used to the gentleness. The acknowledgement felt like a dream. No one had fulfilled his wishes before. He was just scared of his hopes crashing down mercilessly like every other time.

"Tujhe lagta hai agar kal ko Aru kahe use music seekhna hai toh mai mana kar doonga?" Arnav asked.

Ayaansh shook his head instantly. Arnav could hardly refuse Aryan of anything. His wishes mattered more than anything else for his brothers. Ayaansh knew Arnav would never sideline Aryan's wishes.

"Mai Aru ko mana nhi karunga aur tujhe kar doonga, yeh laga tujhe?"

Ayaansh's eyes filled up.

Arnav saw the tears and got agitated. He was hurt that Ayaansh was made to feel that way. He stood up and turned to walk away but couldn't. He understood Ayaansh's dilemma. He couldn't make himself walk away when he knew Ayaansh was hurting.

Ayaansh's heart sank when Arnav turned back. He thought his brother would leave. He closed his eyes against the rush of tears but opened them the moments he felt the familiar arms around him. Arnav rubbed his back in assurance. Ayaansh let the tears fall down, relieved that he wasn't being walked away from once again. That had happened to him for countless number of times but Arnav turning away hit a different corner of his heart, making it freeze in the coldness of the moment. His heart picked up the heartbeats after feeling Arnav's so close to its own.

Arnav wiped away Ayaansh's tears and spoke gently. "Chal andar chalte hai. Admission me bhi time lagega."

Ayaansh held his hands to stop him. His brother had given him something he hadn't ever expected. Arnav's words conveyed the message explicitly. Him saying that he wouldn't differentiate between Ayaansh and Aryan meant the world to Ayaansh. Ayaansh had been seeking assurance but never once had he seeked the kind of assurance which Arnav gave him without a hiccup!

Arnav looked at him.

"I'm sorry, Bhaiya, mai aapko hurt nhi karna chahta tha."

Arnav sighed. It wasn't about him. He wished he could make the boy understand that. "Mai hurt nhi hoon, Ayu. Chal."

Ayaansh shook hi head. "Aap ho, I can see aap upset ho." He looked at Arnav with eyes full of emotions. "Maine kabhi kaha nhi but mujhe aap pe bharosa hai, Bhaiya. Aap jitna pyaar karte ho maine kabhi kisi ko karte nhi dekha. Mujhe aadat nhi hai, Bhaiya, aur isliye samajh nhi aata kaise react karna hai. Isse pehle kabhi kisi ne mujhse meri ichchha nhi puchhi thi, I got overwhelmed when you did. I didn't want to hurt you, Bhaiya, sach me."

Arnav's heart overflowed with emotions hearing Ayaansh. He had never seen a child of his age speaking with so much maturity. He pulled Ayaansh to his chest. The look in his eyes undid Arnav. He could see the love and respect in those eyes. It was the same look that Aryan and Aniket had for him. The look of sincerity and surender!

Ayaansh blinked back his tears. He was a fool to let his apprehensions dictate law for him. He had faith in his heart, he just needed to put the same faith in his words and actions.