28. I can't do this.

Beginne am Anfang

"Water.....", she whispered, which was caught by Abhimanyu even when it was barely audible.

He made her bed into a reclining position before holding the glass near her mouth.
She started sipping slowly with her eyes focused on him, but he won't even look at her, keeping his focus on the glass.

She shook her head slowly making him aware that it was enough, he pulled back the glass and wiped the remnants of water droplets with the tissue.

As, he turned around to keep the glass back, she held his wrist.
"Abhi....", she spoke softy.

"Akira!", both of them looked towards the source of this voice.
Nielima stood by the door, huffing with anger.

"Mumma.", she called out happily.

"Don't call me that.
No, Akira don't.", as she marched towards her stupid daughter.
"I saved you that day. For what? For this day? When you try to kill yourself?
How can I be your mother when I failed to keep you safe even after saving you.", she was so disappointed.

"No, mumma, no. Please, don't say that.", as Akira hugged her by the waist.
"I didn't tried to kill myself, trust me mumma it was an honest mistake.
I started panicking and hallucinating, no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't sleep, my restlessness got the best of me, as I completely lost count of my dosage.
Please don't abandon me mumma, I swear to God I didn't wanted to die, believe me, please.
Don't leave me mumma, I beg you, I have no one else.", Akira cried.

This mother's heart melted for her daughter as she creased her head gently.
"Akira, no bacche, please calm down, don't stress yourself.", as she sat on the bed.
"You are my child Akira, you are so important to me.
And if this is how you are gonna treat yourself, then at no cost I am ever leaving you alone, I'll be taking you back to Delhi with me, I don't care about your jobs or commitments, do you get me?", Neilima threatened her.

"I guess I'll leave now, her vitals are all normal, she is fine, you two should sort it out among yourself.", saying so Abhimanyu walked out of the door.
_________________________________________

"Dr Abhimanyu.", Mahima called out when he was about enter his cabin.

"Yes Taiji?"

"I need to discuss a few things with you. Let's get to your cabin."

Once they were inside Abhimanyu saw the line of worries on her forehead.
"What is it Taiji? You look very worried."

"Abhimanyu, we are definitely not evolving police and all in Akshara's case, it was not suicidal but rather a mistake of high dosage, if that's what she say, I don't want her to be more stressed by the interrogation of police.
But...."

"But what Taiji?", he asked concerned.

"Abhimanyu while operating of her we found some burn marks on her body--"

"Did that piece of shit Kunal even burned her?", the mere thought made his blood boil.

"No Abhimanyu, it's not that simple. We found them only in specific areas, her inner thighs, areas near her underarms, you know usually the parts that are not visible to other people.
The quizzing part is some of these are months old, some over the months, some as fresh as a week old, some as new as yesterday."

This information was dropped like a bomb on him, he finally was able to connect the dots, those lighters he found with her. It all infront of his eyes but he couldn't figure it out.
He felt like throwing out at this point.

"We need to get the details for the report Abhimanyu, we can't work on assumptions.", Mahima spoke with professionalism.

He just nodded.
_________________________________________