8. Music the Magic

When they entered the conference hall, Abhimanyu got surrounded by various renowned doctors who were waiting to meet him, meanwhile, Akira took a seat away from the limelight being focused on the conference sincerely.

The conference was going on smoothly by various doctors and medical field experts taking up the stage to put forward their knowledge.

The time Abhimanyu stood on the stage, his eyes were just focused on the one person whom he was watching listening intently to every speaker.
Standing near the mic he glanced at her at her who passed him a warm smile and with that he started.
Explaining the advancement of medical science in the developing the drugs to cure heart diseases to the one where they still lack.

She got engrossed in him, the way he was talking so intently about his work completely reflected that he was so in love with his work, with saving people's lives. The topics one would consider boring was turning out very interesting by his enthusiasm.

He looked at her, listening to him with all her heart, trying to understand the most she can, noting down a few very technical words on her phone and then maybe running an Internet search about them.
She was same girl who used to believe in her gharelu nushkas so much, and now here she was trying to get as much as information about medical field as well, trying to broaden up her knowledge.

As he walked down the stage, she gave him a thumbs up while he smiled shyly with a Shinchan expression of - Ab mai itna bhi kucch khass nahi.

Soon the host, Mr. Roy took up the stage and announced,
"Ladies and Gentlemen, we also have a few fresh talents among us for today. I want you all to introduce to a wonderful Therapist, she has done excellent work for various NGOs, orphanages, old age homes, campaigns, medical camps and various hospitals. I want to invite the music therapist of New-ray hospital, Ms. Akira to come upon the stage."

Abhimanyu's eyes shone with excitement as he turned towards her to mouth an "All the best!", and she replied by mouthing a "Thank you."

As she walked on the stage his eyes remained fixated at her.
"To all the honourable guests present here, I literally have no idea from where to start and how to start.
Mr. Roy already told about the work which I have done, hence I don't want to list my 'Works done', instead I want to focus on 'How I work'.
Well a lot of people still question- Does music really heal?
The answer to that is a YES with a mixed element of NO, it won't heal a person's tuberculosis, that's something you doctors are capable of doing, but it ensures that the person during this hectic procedure is relaxed, you all know how important is a person's mental well being is in his or her entire curing procedure, and this is the part I take care of.

Whenever I sing for an elderly man his late wife's favourite song before his surgery, I make him feel that his beloved is still here praying the best for him.
Whenever I sing for a wailing mother who is holding her still born child, I make her believe she'll always have a song to cherish her gone angel.
Whenever I sing for a scared teenager seeing his mother fight cancer, I sing his favourite lullaby to let him know his mother will always be there for him with this song.
Trust me, Music is Magic, it makes us relax as it carries a core memory with it, the one we want to live forever."

He watched her talking so passionately about the music that at the first place connected him with her, and only one thought that crossed his mind was- She has grown up so much in these months.

"If that's so, why don't you become a singer and heal everyone.", and his eye sight strucked with the doctor who was in a heed to question her as he called her talks senseless.

Akira looked at the name broach of this person before continuing,
"Mr....oh actually, Dr. Mehta, I already am a singer, not a famous or music albums one, but still I am. And talking about singers, we do play songs to people of their favourite singers during some sessions, but for me, I hold my music as a healing antidote, I want to hold the old women's hand while my music relaxs her, I want to see the shift in her tense muscles, I want to look at her gaining the will to live more.
I want to hold the hand of a soon to die twelve year old who fought a long war bravely with his lung malfunction for years and now as he gets engulfed with my music I want to see those fear lines fade away as he slump in permanent peaceful sleep, where he can finally rest. I WANT TO REACH OUT TO PEOPLE."
With the calm reply she shut down any further space of argument.

As she took the seat back, he moved towards her and gave her a small slow claps and she shut her eyelids for a second with a smile as an acceptance of his appreciation.

<>

It was 4pm when the guests were requested to move with the evening snacks but she went towards the host to inform him that she is leaving, as she has plans for the evening.

He looked at her leaving and that it when it stricked him.
"Kabeer. Kabeer was her plan, she confirmed being with him at 6pm with her friend yesterday, correct, if she would leave now then only she'll get the time to get ready for her so called DATE.
Aaaggghhhh, I hate this Kabeer so much, I don't even know him, but still. I so want to grate his face with a grater and cut his nasty fingers with my scalpel, the same fingers that are going to land on her hand while they'll have their- Oh! So romantic dinner."
Just Abhimanyu's self pep talk.

The rest of the time he was just counting minutes at this conference, waiting for it to come to an end soon.
So, that he could just go back to his apartment and sleep, sleep and see a dream of him cracking every bone of Kabeer's pathetic body.

And with that the event came to an end, without getting the dinner he got himself get going.

Around 8pm he reached his stop and headed towards Neilima ma to get his dinner or maybe to complain something about Akira to her, just anything.
Stomping like a kid from school whose rival got the first price in the competition, while he stood in the crowd clapping, he made his way to the homekitchen.

_________________________________________
A/N
How do you like the jealous Abhimanyu?
Anything that you want to see in this series?