18. Birthday Girl

Lani's POV

Today is finally the day: it's my girl's birthday! I've been waiting for it since her last one and it's finally here.

Right now, I'm cooking breakfast for her, I'm making all of her favorite things I know she likes to eat. I got some fresh fruit too, she loves fruit.

Some of the gifts that I want to give her are all the way home, so she's not gonna get those for a couple of days, but I have some surprises for her today.

Later in the night, I have dinner on the beach planned and then after that, we're gonna go to the club, but not just any club. I rented this one out specifically for tonight and all of her friends and my friends are gonna be there and we're gonna celebrate her life.

Last night while she was sleeping, I went and got a bunch of different flowers. I even put some next to her so she has some to wake up to.

I'm almost done cooking, I just gotta wait for the bacon to finish cooking. While I wait for that, Imma write her a birthday card.

I sat down at the table and picked up a pen. So many things started coming to my mind, but I didn't wanna say too much. I started to write...

"today, we celebrate you and we celebrate your life. you don't know how extremely grateful i am to be able to grow up with you. i wouldn't do it with anyone else. today, we gon turn up, party, and have a good time all in the name of love and your life. i can't believe that i'm about to spend a new year in your life with you. i love you deep, you mean so much to me, and i can't wait to have fun with you today. 143, baby. -nami"

After I finished writing it, I put it in the envelope it came with and then I put it in the little bag of presents that I had gotten for her.

After that, I went to the bathroom and put rose petals on the floor, filled up some glasses of Chardonnay, and lit some candles. I didn't let the water run yet because I didn't want it to get cold or anything.

20 minutes go by and everything is done and set up, now I just have to wait for her to wake up. I made a playlist and played all of her favorite songs so she could wake up to those as well.

Not too long after, I see her coke out of the room holding the flowers that I got her. She might've just woken up, but she had a big smile on her face. I wouldn't trade that smile for anything.

"Good morning, baby," I walked up to her and pulled her into a hug, "Happy birthday."

"Thank you, my love, good morning."

"Do you like your flowers?"

"I love them, thank you."

"You're welcome."

"It smells good, what did you do?"

"Follow me." I led her to the kitchen where I had flowers, balloons, food, drinks, and gifts set up for her.

"You didn't have to do all this, I hope you know."

"I know, but I wanted to, so I did. Whatchu think?"

"I love it." She walked to the table and started looking at everything.

"Oh my goodness, my favorite perfumes." She smelled each one of them.

"Look in the bag."

"Okay." She took the tissue paper off the top and then reached for the card. She took it out of the envelope, but I stopped her before she read it.

"I just wanna say before you read that, it's some gifts that I couldn't bring here to you, so they're at the house and you'll see them soon."

"Like what? Actually don't tell me." She opened the card and started to read it. I saw her starting to smile as she read it and it made me so happy.