𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The reality of my present situation hits me like a ton of bricks. My father took away my freedom, and I am all alone in this world. Ava is one of my best friends, but her behavior is becoming more erratic by the day. I don't even want to think about Marco and our so-called marriage.

"Get out," I whisper hoarsely at the prince, struggling to keep my voice in check. "I have no time for your games."

Marco's grin fades into a scowl, and he takes a step towards me, his menacing, brown eyes narrowing at me. I take a step back, feeling cornered. There's something dark behind his eyes, something that I don't quite understand.

"You think you can push me around?" Marco sneers, his voice low and dangerous. "I'm the future king, and you're nothing more than a pawn, my darling wife."

His words hurt me more than I care to admit. I've always known that I'm nothing more than a trophy for him, but hearing him say it out loud just makes the realization sink in even more.

Feeling my self-control slip away, I turn to Alex, who has been silently watching our exchange from the doorway. "Get him out of here," I whisper desperately, trying to gather my thoughts. I might be ignoring Alex for the most part, but he is the only thing keeping me from falling apart right now.

The bodyguard's expression hardens as he steps forward, positioning himself in front of me and glaring at Marco. "I think you've overstayed your welcome, Your Highness," he says, his voice steady and firm.

Marco's expression darkens, but he backs off at Alex's glare. He takes a step towards the bodyguard, his stance wide. "Move, bodyguard. I'd like to speak to my wife in private."

Alex stiffens, looming over the stubborn prince. His gaze is hard—almost like stone—and that's when I know he's angry. I need his anger right now. "No," he replies venomously.

"Don't waste your time trying to be chivalrous," Marco taunts, smirking and walking back over to me. "She's my property, you know." He reaches out and strokes my cheek, and my blood is boiling with rage.

I shake off his touch, and Alex takes another step toward the prince, his hand balling into a tight fist by his side. His eyes are fixed on the prince, and his expression is filled with disgust.

Marco smirks. "What are you going to do about it, bodyguard?" he teases again, daring him to make a move.

Has he learned nothing?

Without any warning, Alex grabs Marco in one swift movement and twists both of his arms behind his back. The prince is pinned onto the nearest dresser, and the sound of his limbs cracking fills the room. His elbows are bent 90 degrees in the wrong way, and I cringe inwardly.

"If you knew what was best for you," Alex begins, his voice sharp and low through gritted teeth, "you'd be out of here by now. But I'll give you three seconds to regain your senses."

Prince Marco squirms and groans, trying to desperately thrash out of the bodyguard's grip. But it's no use. Not only is Alex extremely strong, but Marco is as weak as they come for a man.

"One."

Being the stubborn and proud asshole he is, Marco still doesn't let up—for now. But when Alex puts more pressure on his left elbow behind his back, I can see the prince's resolve weakening.