001 | Where are you now

(Before The Apocalypse)

"Dad what's going on?" Young April asked as she stared at the TV, in big bold letters were

'ZOMBIE OUTBREAK'

Her hands were shaking, in school they learned about Zombies being bad monsters who kill, she was only 11.

The girls dad rushed into the room and looked at her then at the TV then back at her.

He shut it off quickly and sat next to her, wrapping an arm around the red head.

"I don't know baby, I don't know"

(Now)

Aprils life fell to pieces loosing her mother and her father and part of herself.

She was just young, too young to take care of herself.

Surviving in this world was hard for her but all she had to do was follow her one rule "don't trust anyone else"

She sat in bed reading a book and listening to music until she heard a stomping noise downstairs. She quickly grabbed her knife and walked into the hall.

She could hear voices downstairs talking amongst each other. April was looking over the ledge viewing the living room where the two men were. The younger boy began to walk up the stairs.

April backed away, down the hall, back into her room.

Her breath was quick, did they come to kill her? Would they kill her?

All her thoughts flooded her brain and was only snapped out by the footsteps and sounds of doors opening.

He met the door to the room she was in, creaking open and walking fully in.

She took this chance and attacked him, they fought both punching each other.

He landed one hard blow to her head, causing her to knock out.

Her eyes groggily opened, revealing two men, the same ones who were in her living room.

The older one grabbed her chin and forced the girl to look at him.

"Who are you" His voice had a thick southern accent.

"Who am I? Who are you your in my house"
"Dad I told you she wasn't gonna say anything" She pieced things together realizing they were related.

"My names April" her voice was low.

"April huh, im Rick, that's Carl"
"Whatever, are you gonna leave?"
"Well we'd like to stay for atleast a night, do you have a parent we could talk to, anyone?"
"Look around, it's just me"
"Alright, could we stay?"
"Fine" She walked into the kitchen and glanced in a mirror.

Her eye was black and bruised along with a bloody lip.

The girl sat at the table, wiping off the blood, as she was doing this the boy who had done this to her walked in.

He sat across from her and just stared.

"Got a problem?"
"No just looking at that black eye I gave you"
"Shut up"
"I'm actually here to say I'm sorry, I'm used to there being bad people in this world so when you attacked me I had to fight back"
"Yeah I get it, more than you know"

__________________________________

Finally re-writing my first chapters cause they suck.

Ignore how short this is I tried to make it simple.

Anyways next chapters might be removed for a bit but one there back up you can read the whole 12 chapters continuously.

Don't be a silent reader so leave a comment!