Something More | Jeno Fic #1

Start from the beginning

Noticing the flicker of uncertainty in your demeanor, Jeno's perceptive gaze locked onto your hesitation. Frankly, he wasn't particularly interested in going out that day either. Placing his phone down, he met your eyes and leaned in a secretive manner.

"Should we ditch them?" he proposed. You were confused about what he meant at first.

But Jeno quickly spoke up. "We can go to the dorms instead and maybe watch a movie. But only if you want to though!"

When you stopped to think about it, spending time with one individual sounded better than with a group of people at that moment. So you agreed, and the two of you packed up your things to head over to the dorm he shared with his friends. Despite the original intention of watching a movie, Jeno and you ended up sidetracked from that plan.

The pitter-patter of rain accompanied your entrance into his dorm, casting a cozy ambiance that left the both of you drowsy. As you nestled onto the couch, that drowsiness took over, causing your eyelids to droop and your thoughts to drift.

All you could remember was Jeno draping a blanket over you both before everything faded into a peaceful slumber. Fingers brushed softly, and your bodies naturally drew nearer, forming an unconscious embrace.

Honestly, you had never experienced such restful sleep before. Forty minutes later the two of you woke up with tousled hair and shy smiles. But somehow your occasional study sessions shifted to meeting at his dorm or yours whenever one of you felt drained from your days or to escape the stress of your studies.

Cuddling up for a nap remained entirely platonic, and neither of you invested much thought into it. Instead, you simply discovered that resting together left you feeling more recharged after. However, your friends seemed to think differently about the situation.

It was Jaemin who stumbled upon the sight of you two napping in Jeno's bed first. After that, he and the others become more observant of the growing closeness between you and their roommate. Of course, Donghyuck seized the opportunity to address the situation.

"You and (Y/n) seem pretty cozy these days, don't you?" Donghyuck quipped, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Napping together."

Jeno responded with a nervous chuckle, his arms folded defensively. "Oh come on, it's nothing like that. We're just friends."

"Sure, just friends who cuddle all the time," Jaemin interjected, raising an eyebrow skeptically.

His cheeks flushed a light shade of red, but he managed to maintain his composure. Nonetheless, the playful banter from his friends set Jeno's thoughts into motion. Slowly, he started to contemplate the idea that there might be something more between the two of you.

Meanwhile, the female members of your circle of friends also felt the need to confront you. The moment arrived during lunch, with your friend Suyeon being the first to broach the topic.

"(Y/n), do you have feelings for Jeno?" Suyeon's question caught you off guard, nearly causing you to choke on your water.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" you coughed.

Your other friend, Yerin leaned forward, fixing you a knowing gaze across the table. "Jaemin told us about you two cuddling?!"

"Oh... that," you replied, lowering your head with a slight blush. "It's not what you're imagining. We kind of just ended up in this routine of napping together. There's really nothing more to it."

"But do you like him?" Suyeon probed, searching for a genuine response.

Your relationship with Jeno had never been something you gave much thought to before. Perhaps you had been somewhat oblivious all along.

You paused, considering your words carefully. "I mean...I feel the most comfortable when I'm with him."

"Then you should tell him that!" Yerin encouraged.

You offered a sheepish smile. "I...I can't. Jeno and I are good friends, and I don't want to ruin things between us."

Your friends let out exasperated sighs, their discontent with your answer was obvious. However, they chose to drop the subject, respecting your decision. Even if your feelings for Jeno were real, the thought of confessing felt selfish. The bond you both had painstakingly built mattered immensely, and you weren't willing to jeopardize it over something seemingly trivial.

A few days later, you dropped by Jeno's dorm after your last class. Not longer after, you found yourselves wrapped in each other's arms in his dimly lit bedroom. The atmosphere was serene, as it usually was. But a sense of unspoken tension hung in the air as if there was something you both wanted to talk about.

Ever since the guys talked to him, Jeno couldn't get you out of his head. The more he thought about it, the more he started to realize he loved being close to you. He had fallen for you without knowing it. Once Jeno finally came to terms with this, he was unsure of whether he should do something about it.

However, lying beside you in that moment, observing how you nestled into his hoodie, stirred a whirlwind of emotions within him. Jeno's heart raced as he took a deep breath and finally spoke, his voice barely above a whisper, "(Y/n), can I ask you something?"

You glanced up at him, your eyes curious yet cautious. "What's up?"

The gaze Jeno had on you was so intense that left you feeling momentarily breathless. But you couldn't bring yourself to look away.

"Do you...think there's possibly something more between us?" He chose his words carefully. "Beyond just friendship, I mean."

Your breath caught in your throat, taken aback by the unexpected turn in the conversation. The past few days, Jeno also seemed to occupy your mind more than anything else. You found yourself torn between suppressing your growing feelings and the inclination to accept them.

After a moment of silence, you met the gravity in his gaze with a serious expression of your own. A trace of reservation lingered within you, a reluctance to fully surrender to your feelings.

"Why, do you?"

Jeno hesitated, his fingers instinctively tucking a lock of hair behind your ear. Despite his concern that your feelings might not align, he decided to be honest.

"Yeah, I think I have, for quite some time," he confessed, a hint of vulnerability in his tone. "I was so dumb that I didn't realize it until now. "

He studied your expression intently, nervously awaiting any sign of a reaction. Eventually, a smile began to tug at the corner of your lips. Your heart danced in a way it never had before.

A slow exhale escaped your lips as you spoke, the weight of your words carrying the gravity of your emotions. "I've been feeling the same way," you admitted your voice a gentle confession. "I just... didn't have the courage to say it."

Jeno's eyes softened as he took in your words, a mixture of relief and joy washing over him. He reached out to gently cup your cheek, his touch tender and reassuring.

"Well, it's good to know we're on the same page now," he remarked with a lighthearted tone, prompting a soft chuckle from you.

Jeno pulled you closer into a warm embrace, taking in the subtle scent. Though he tried to hide it, his heart seemed ready to burst with all these new emotions he was experiencing.

Curiously, you tilted your head slightly as you asked, "So... what does this make us?"

Amusement danced in the corners of his eyes, and he replied with a playful grin, "I suppose that means you're my girlfriend now, and I'm your boyfriend?"

"Hm, I like that," you hummed.

Bashful smiles were exchanged, and then you nuzzled your head beneath his chin, wrapping your arms around his waist in a tender embrace. A gentle giggle escaped you as you felt the soft press of his lips against your forehead. Little did you know that this was only the start of something that would become so much more to the both of you. Without a doubt, Lee Jeno was where you belonged.

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ