CHapter -3 Gallantry Pink

Unedited version

“You!”Gurbani was dumbfounded seeing the person in front of her.

“Yes, me!Is there any problem?”The person stared deeply and pinning her down with his dark brown eyes.

“N…No. Actually..um nevermind.”She took a glance at her elbow which was scratched and bleeding. She kept her dupatta on it to cover it. She was still on floor but due to pain she was trying hard to move herself slowly

“But you are injured! Let me help you with your ride.” He seemed genuine caressing her leg then held her elbow

“It’s not needed. I am okay. “ Gurbani tried to remove his hand from her elbow but he clutched it tightly giving silence order to stay still

“No, let me.”he insisted in his dark voice which startled her.

“AS SIR! It’s fine…this little scratch won’t harm me.”Gurbani denied strongly

She stood up while removing his hand from her leg. She bit her lips to control the wince so that he let her go, she decided to give first aid when reach her PG. SHe picked up her scooty and started it. She went away ignoring the hawk eyes of AS.

SHe reached her PG and rested in ehr room. She was feeling his eyes on her but again ignored. She took a  bath and prayed. She rested and then after 4 hours she became ready for her cafe shop duty. 

Grubani was busy when she got the message of the bank transaction. Yes it was from Harman. She transferred the money to the doctor Arjun for the treatment. He answered her to talk when free for which she answered positively. Gurbani worked the whole day when she got a message from Harman. 

Call Me!

She dialed hisi number he picked up in one ring like a desperate kid. Gurbani rolled her eyes when she heard his voice

“Good Noon Harman SIr!” she greeted in return an energetic and enthusiastic voice fell in her ears.

“Gurbani! I have a fantastic part time job. It’s Friday night and some elite society persons are coming for the meeting cum get together. We are arranging the same and mostly would be teenegers and adults so would you be able to join the team? The amount is handsome, nearly 30k.”Harman informed, making Gurbani think again.

If I agree to such jobs then people would offer me a bartender or waitress job which I never wanted to do.

“Thanks for the opportunity Sir! Actually I prefer my bouncer job not as a server or waitress. I am kinda uncomfortable.” Gurbani huffed as she was not comfortable. SHe was not comfortable in short dresses and mold according to the wishes of others. Wolves eyes to strip her and uninvited and unconventional touches was also not in her list.

“As you know there is no policy for female bouncers. SOrry!”Harman sounded low

“No Harman Sir, I am sorry because I can’t join.Thank again and Have a pleasant day!” saying that she put the phone down.

It was embarrassing to see those male species around. They are seeing you like fresh meat.

Gurbani started to work in the pantry area to help staff and in the evening she again took the way to Gurudwara . She parked her scooty and went to the gate when she found a black Jaguar , she ignored it and went inside. SHe worshiped and recited some lines of Shlok when she felt someone’s eyes on her. 

She sat sometime near the pond and then reminisced about her parents closing her eyes but the feeling of being watched never left. She didn’t open her eyes due to fear. FInally she stood to go. She was going to  pick up a scooter when she felt a hand on her shoulder. When she found the same person she horrified and kept her hand on her chest