Chapter 05: Materials

Jack sat down, but he didn't complain about why Kaido-san shot him. Instead, he stared intently at his now fully recovered body, full of shock in his heart.

He knows his body perfectly, he is more aware of how incredible everything in front of him is, all the old wounds on his body have healed, and his current physical condition is extremely good.

Jack made waves in his heart and looked at Jigen. At this moment, his eyes have changed and there is no doubt about Jigen.

Not only Jack, but other people also looked at Jigen and re-examined the young man in front of him.

Seeing this, Kaido snorted coldly, exhaled heat through his nose, and asked in a deep voice, "Everyone, have you seen the magical effect of this bean now?"

"Who else thinks they were deceived?"

No one spoke, and now everyone around is convinced, no one dares to question that it is just ordinary beans.

Everything that just happened can be truly seen.

Not even the incredible healing powers of a Mythical Zoan can match it.

Jack, who had recovered from all his injuries, stood up and immediately asked for Jigen's name. The arrogant and unreasonable "Jack the Drought" put aside his arrogance and asked.

Without waiting for Jigen to answer, Kaido replied for him, "In the future, he will be the fourth disaster of our BeastPirates: The Scientific Disaster!"

As soon as these words came out, except for the three disasters, all members understood why Kaido chose him as the fourth mainstay of the Beast Pirates.

With that magical medicine, they understand Jigen's value, natural disaster status, and his future position.

Jigen secretly rejoiced.

After arriving at Onigashima, he didn't say a word, but all the Beast Pirates respected him, and Kaido himself helped him pretend.

Before, Jigen really feared that some members would deliberately find faults, but now it seems that there is no need to worry about these things at all.

The three months of hard work before are worth it at this moment.

Suppressing the thoughts in his heart, Jigen intends to continue showing his worth in front of Kaido and strengthen his position in the Beast Pirates.

He decisively told Kaido, "Kaido-san, I need 1.1 billion Berry in funding."

After a pause, Jigen briefly explained the specific use of these funds to Kaido, "100 million is used to continue producing hermit seeds, and 1 billion is used for developing new technologies."

Jigen's words made Queen frown.

He bit his cigar and said, "Jigen-san, isn't 1.1 billion Berry a bit too high?"

"Yes! There's no problem with 100 million for making those magical beans, but 1 billion is a bit overflowing." King also questioned.

He paused and said, "Our pirate group's current funds will be used to buy the next batch of artificial Devil Fruits, so..."

The three disasters feel that the current funding of 1.1 billion Berry is a bit reluctant and too risky. After all, Queen is a scientist and knows deeply that research and development are a bottomless pit.

However, Kaido waved his big, bold hand: "Take the money, the next batch of artificial Devil Fruits will be delayed for a while, and the money will be given to Jigen for research and development."

"But..." King wanted to persuade, after all, the artificial Devil Fruit was an important way for the Beast Pirates to improve their combat power.

But Kaido had already made a decision and directly evaded King's persuasion.

"I have made up my mind, you don't need to say anything."

"Meet all of Jigen's requirements..." Kaido said, smiled, and said with the smile of a child, "Because next, he will develop an incredible technology."

An Incredible Technology?

Everyone couldn't help feeling curious.

Those beans are already amazing in their opinion, what could be more amazing than that?

Everyone was curious.

King couldn't help but ask, "Kaido-san, can you tell us what they will develop next?"

Kaido laughed and was very happy, "You'll know when it's developed."

Obviously, Kaido intends to keep it hidden first and inform everyone when it is developed.

Queen turned his head to look at Jigen, bit his cigar, and said, "Jigen-san, do you need anything other than money?"

Queen's tone was respectful, after all, he couldn't speak boldly with someone he doesn't know at all and who is also at his same level of command.

He has known King for years, so he is always disrespectful to him.

Jigen smiled and said, "Do you have a pen and paper? I'll make a list of what I need."

Queen didn't say nonsense and quickly asked someone to bring Jigen a pen and paper.

Soon, the person he called brought a pen and paper and handed it to Jigen, "Jigen-san, here it is."

Everyone on the scene was watching Jigen write down the materials he needed on the paper. After a while, he handed the paper to Queen, "I just need these materials."

The latter took the paper Jigen gave him curiously and then looked at it.

After a moment, his eyes widened.

Is this what you mean by "just need these materials"?

Do you know how difficult it is to get these materials?

Seeing Queen's slightly ugly face, King asked curiously, "What's wrong?"

Queen took a deep breath and said helplessly, "Many of the materials are contraband. In fact, it's okay to say that we all have channels to get them."

"The hardest part is the explosive rock. This is a strictly controlled material by the World Government and the Navy. We need to snatch it from the Navy's hands."

Both King and Jack were stunned, they didn't expect Jigen to need such rare materials from the beginning.

King stopped saying nonsense and said, "I will contact Doflamingo to obtain materials other than explosive rocks and let him get them."

"As for the explosive rock, we have to snatch it from the Navy ourselves."

After Jack next to him heard the words, he immediately stood up. His expression full of excitement, and said, "Leave the explosive rock to me!"

He liked these types of challenges. Especially if it's messing with the World Government.

After seeing this, Queen didn't say anything, looked at Jigen, and said, "I will be responsible for organizing your laboratory."

Jigen smiled upon hearing this and nodded humbly.