All Eyes Might Be on You

Jennie

Running ten minutes and fifteen seconds late caused me to miss the ride with her and the rest of the girls. The club was overpopulated - almost overflowing outside, if it wasn't for the balconies on the top floor which allowed the people with money to step away from the mess of bodies below.

The music pierced my ears with booming sounds; bodies already grinding on each other, adding to the heat that kissed my once-cooled skin. Moving through the sea of bodies was harder than getting into the club.

My fingers met the cool glass bar, and my smile was tired as the bartender came towards me- his smile not as nice as the blond lady that was serving a couple just a few seats down from where I stood.

"What can I get you?" His tone was bored; he was either already ready to leave or was just tired of people straight up fucking in front of him.

"I'm looking for the way to get up to the VIP section." I found myself shouting over the obnoxious music.

His eyes shot open in surprise, his eyes doing a quick glance over. His brow raised, "You getting fucked or are you meeting a celebrity?"

I wasn't expecting such a blunt question. As the heat kissed my skin even more, my eyes glanced around the club, finally finding my once-lost girlfriend. Lisa was leaning over the balcony, eyes already long since found mine in the sea of bodies. Her brown eyes remained unchanging, even with the array of different colors thanks to the club's booming atmosphere.

Her face remained stoic, a smile nowhere near her face or even welcomed. I wondered how long it took her to find me. Still, her expression alone caused my breath to hitch, now frozen where I stood.

Turning back to the bartender, I forced a nervous smile, "Meeting someone."

I hated the way his eyes flicked to where I was just looking. His once-bored smile turned into a wicked and sinister one. If Lisa remained unmoving, she could easily piece together the puzzle.

"Follow the right side of the wall. Tell the security guard who you're meeting."

A quick nod and a whispered "thank you", I found myself in the sea of bodies once more. This time I stuck to the wall, only stopping when I got to the security guard.

"I'm here to meet Lalisa Manoban." I once again found myself yelling over the music. The silence that greeted me made me uneasy, knowing it would be a fight to get through. "Um, maybe you can call her? Or just let her know—"

My unease disappeared into the air the minute I locked eyes with my lover. Upon noticing her arrival, the guard moved out of the way, allowing Lisa to properly reach out for me.

Her ring covered hands were cool compared to the atmosphere. Her arms were around my waist within seconds, pulling me close.

"You didn't have trouble getting here, right?" Lisa questioned, leading me to the rest of the group. With a quick head shake from me, she nodded. "You look beautiful tonight."

Though I heard her compliments over a million times, my face still felt hot with the affection kissing my skin. I didn't stop my eyes from doing a quick look over her body.

Her all-black outfit was more on the casual side. It helped her blend into the darker areas of the club when she wanted to take a step back from the world if she deemed it too chaotic. Her hair was left to do whatever it wanted - and if I had to assume, with how tussled it was, she had just run her fingers through it while waiting for me.

Before my mind could race with unneeded thoughts, Jisoo's loud voice kept me from derailing. Her smile was as bright as the sun and her brown eyes were mixed with the excitement of being out and the alcohol that she had just chugged down.