Study Up

Jennie

"Hey," A grunt, "How's it coming?"

A light, smooth hand on my shoulder; barely covered by the thin straps of my tank top- jolts me out of my focused haze and makes me turn. The moment I do, I'm ushered back around with a small laugh, and an apology for the scare.

Kim Jisoo — my current best friend since I started college— had invited me over to work on studying, promising that her older sister's best friend was home, but wasn't a bother whatsoever. Little does she know, Lisa and I have been seeing each other without anyone's knowledge. She wanted to let people know, but I was too afraid because of our situation... our dynamic. Although she is just a couple of years older than me, she's still my best friends with my best friend's sister. I did not want it to get weird between all of us, somehow.

Jisoo, ever the hero, was called on by a neighbor around my age for a helping hand. She insisted I continue, insisted she'd be back sooner than I could blink.

That was thirty minutes ago.

I stutter, squirming under her touch with a shiver. "Uh- good, good. It was easier with Jisoo, but... I'm coming along."

Lisa hums, leaning over my back to gaze down at my textbook. "Economics not your strong suit?"

I suck in my lips, responding with a 'mm-mm'. "Never has been."

She doesn't miss how small my voice sounds. Small, high-pitched- mousey. Shoulders clenched at my sides, nervousness uneasing my body at how close she is, breath fanning at my cheek and chest rising against my back. Hand still on my shoulder. Still gripping.

"I could help, need be," Lisa hums, eyes removing themselves from the page to instead gaze at my hands— nervously fiddling with my cuticles, "Just ask."

"Thank you, Miss Manoban." I stutter.

She tsks, "Lisa is fine, baby." She whispered that last part, but I did not miss it. I elbowed her chest earning a soft 'ouch' from her.

"Okay. Lisa." I rolled my eyes. I felt a little uneasy with how close she is to me, not wanting anyone to see nor to find out about us.

She gives me a big, toothy grin when I look up at her, eyes scanning every feature on my face. She leans back, still holding my shoulders, but letting there be air between the two of us.

I try to ignore her— rereading each line on the page, sucking on my bottom lip, fiddling with my hair, anything to distract from her fingertips on my shoulder, lightly strumming against one of the dark spaghetti straps.

After a few moments of silence, of tensity, her grip tightens to wrap fingers around the thin fabric, pulling the strap around my shoulder to rest on on my upper arm. The same hand slides, massaging into my neck— her hand is so large it almost completely covers it, almost completely strangles it in it's hold.

"Miss Ma-" I stop, breath shaking, "Lisa, what... stoppppp."

"Ssh," She shushes me, her other hand repeating the same motions. "Just keep reading."

I can see the words on paper, but I'm not reading them. I can't. I'm frozen in place, almost completely quivering, now gripping onto the granite.

Lisa's hand moves down my shoulder, down my arm, rubbing along every mole and bump decorating the forelimb. It graces the top of my chest, before directing south, taking a firm grope of my breast.

"Lisa," I whine, almost squealing; but she says nothing. She gropes, massages my mound, leaning back down to press her chin against me.

I can't help the noises coming from me. Light whimpers, whines and grunts, soft pleads sliding their way into my vocabulary. I'm not even sure what for. I'm struck, speechless for once in my life, unable to do anything but take what she's giving me.