Chapter 38: Sneak Attack

"I'm not the only one whose vision is blurry in the left eye, am I?" Professor Stein asked as you touched down in 1950s Oregon.

"Seeing three of everything? That's normal right?" Jax was next to express his concerns.

Seems we still haven't gotten used to time travel yet you thought. You had pretty much learned to stay in your seat for a little bit even after the Waverider landed unless you wanted to end up in Leonard's lap again. On second thought...

"So where are we?" you hear Kendra taking you out of any sort of plan you might be forming to accidentally fall into Leonard's lap again.

"Harmony Falls Oregon." Rip answered her looking at the screen which brought up a view of the town. "According to Captain Baxter's intel Savage makes an appearance in this quaint little hamlet." 

"What the hell is Savage doing in Pleasantville?" Jax asked.

The screen changed giving him his answer in the form of a newspaper with the headline Slasher Strikes Again.

"Murder apparently" Rip answered sounding a little confused. "Several denizens of Harmony Falls have been brutally slain, and others have gone missing."

"Kind of like Rory" Jax said looking at Leonard.

Leonard just stared at Jax. You looked between the two and sighed hoping this would not become a thing.

"Reports are vague but it seems like the killer is an expert with knives." Rip continued as everyone seemed to ignore Jax's comment.

"That sounds like Savages MO" Sara said. 

"Yeah, but serial killing isn't" Ray piped up. "Sounds pretty small time for a guy whose had coffee with Hitler." 

You had to agree.

"Yeah, well clearly we have to assume that Savage has a larger more nefarious plan but since we've jumped back in time Savage isn't expecting us here."

"Ooo, sneak attack." you said getting excited.

Kendra looked at you then back at Rip. "Savage is pretty good at hiding even in a small town so how do you plan to find him?"

"By investigating these murders. There has to be a common link between the victims starting with the first. A piano teacher was found slain in her home which is now on the market."

Rip continued to give you guys roles in the investigation. Kendra and Ray were going to pretend to be a married couple who buy the house that the piano teacher was slain in to spy on Savage. Professor Stein and Sara would be the new doctor and assistant at the asylum where another victim was found. And Jax was going to get into the group of friends who had three of them go missing a week before the murders began. That just left you and Leonard... Before you could say anything, Leonard seemed to be ahead of the game.

"So, Raymond and Kendra are shacking, Sara's nurse ratched, and Jax the new kid in town. Where does that leave me and y/n?" 

"You both are coming with me to pick up the case files at the sheriff's office. Ms./Mr. Y/n since you are a literal crime scene investigator, I thought you would be interested in leading Mr. Snart and I through this one."

An immediate smile appeared on your face. Not only was Rip trusting you to lead but you got to use skills that were not related to your speed. "Yes! I get to be back out in the investigation field!" You looked at Rip "Don't worry Barry taught me well." you assured him.

***********************************************************************************************

You adjusted your snazzy 1950's outfit as you stepped out of the car. Leonard and Rip stepped out alongside you. You all looked very professional you thought. This should go smoothly.